Community

Motivational Thread starting 02/07

Old 02-10-2011, 02:52 PM
FitDay Member

Default Report card for Thursday

Ugh, I thought I had the day off and put off my workout this morning, then next thing I know I have to go into work for a meeting. One thing led to another and I spent the whole day there. So I did NO exercise today! Damn. I took my dog on two long walks and walked to and from work but that's not quite the same as the burn I get from the 30 Day Shred. I will have to make up for it this weekend!

To make matters worse my boss insisted on treating me to lunch and everything was super carby so I went with a sausage and lentil dish and some cauliflower soup but I can't be sure how much fat was in those dishes. In any case, I ended up going past my 1500 calorie limit by 67 calories today.

I have some major catching up to do tomorrow. Maybe I can get two workouts in and cut back on the food a little.

My goals for this week:
1. Do the 30 Day Shred every morning NO / YES / YES / No
2. Weigh in, only on Tuesday YES / YES / YES / YES
3. Eat between 1300-1550 calories per day. YES (1290) / YES (1399) / YES (1402) / No (1567)
4. Keep carbs under 40% YES (17%) / YES 25% / YES 38% / YES 35%
5. Drink 10 big glasses of water per day. DONE! / YES! / YES / YES
6. Join the Y. Not yet... / Not yet...
Old 02-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I carry professional liability (malpractice) insurance, if that's similar, but I've never heard it called E&O.

Jess, I feel ya. I never get anything back either; being self-employed, nothing is taken out of my check; instead, I have the pleasure of writing Uncle Sam a check every three months. I know it all works out the same, but it stinks every year when everyone I know is planning how to use their refunds .
Probably similar, I tell people that E&O (Errors & Omissions) covers your ass b/c of my mouth. It's required, I've never had to use it and never plan to b/c I run an ethical practice but it's there just in case.

Just looked it up, I guess it's the same. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Errors_...ions_insurance

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 02-10-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:57 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I owe Uncle Sam a few grand then I had to come up with $1100 this week for my E&O insurance for work. Speaking of... Cassie, do you have to carry E&O?
Wow! How are you going to pay them off? Luckily I don't owe them that much only 400 something but still- for relying on 100 a week in Babysitting, and renting an apartment and other bills i barely get by as it is.

cjohnson728
Yea, what sucks more is that I didn't know I owed them until it came time for tax season , they really know how to hit some one when their down. I wanted to get another tat or go on Vacation- it's been almost a year since my last break from Michigan and I'm going stir crazy lol
Old 02-10-2011, 02:59 PM
FitDay Member

I've posted this before, if you are having a chocolate craving try this:

"Chocolate Mousse"
I do a ratio of 1:10

1= Optimum Nutrition (gold standard) Chocolate Supreme Casein Protein (which ever protein or brand that you prefer)
10= Non Fat Greek Yogurt.

Here's out it looks... 17 grams Casein Protein + 170grams (6oz container) Oikos Plain Organic Greek Yogurt. Mix it up and throw it in the freezer for a few mins.

159 cals
.5g fat = 3%
8.3g carbs = 21%
29.6g protein = 76% (slow digesting protein to get you through the night)
Yum! and something not too carby! That's my biggest problem is eating a ton of carbs- but according to a little test I took I don't need to worry so much about them, but still having more than 50% carbs everyday makes me feel uneasy.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jhowar16
Wow! How are you going to pay them off? Luckily I don't owe them that much only 400 something but still- for relying on 100 a week in Babysitting, and renting an apartment and other bills i barely get by as it is.
hmmm I guess I can sell plasma, a lot of it.

Oh wait, I get paid the big bucks here, I may just ask for another raise. I'm kidding btw.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:14 PM
FitDay Member

hmmm I guess I can sell plasma, a lot of it.

Oh wait, I get paid the big bucks here, I may just ask for another raise. I'm kidding btw.
Hmm I could sell plasma too but I don't think that makes much lol- I hope I don't have to report those for taxes.. that's what got me in this mess, not reporting some money I earned and the damn government found out- but I didn't know I had to report it.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jhowar16
Yum! and something not too carby! That's my biggest problem is eating a ton of carbs- but according to a little test I took I don't need to worry so much about them, but still having more than 50% carbs everyday makes me feel uneasy.
Jess, everybody's different. I lost 20 pounds with carbs anywhere from 50-60%. I'd temporarily whack it lower, like now, when I'm in a plateau, but just because low carb works for someone else doesn't mean it works for you. My best advice is to experiment with different things and to find out what's best for your body. And don't forget to eat your healthy fats, too!
Old 02-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

It has been a heck of a physically/mentally exhausting 8 day work week for me. I won't reach my sleep goal tonight unless I go to bed now. I already took a melatonin so I am going before I fall asleep on my laptop!
Body Health Goals
1) Keep calories above 1000 1005, 1009, 1028, 1205
2) 3 lifting sessions 1, 0, 0, 0
3) Get 6 hours minimum sleep every night 7, 7:30, 7:30 I did not take melatonin but it took a while to fall asleep so I took it tonight!
4) Get to one dance class! no, no, no, no

Mental Health Goals
1) Make 3 phone calls I have been dreading/putting off no, no, no, no
2) Open January's mail 1envelope, woot! I looked at the pile, but just decided to walk away, I swear it's looking at me! Ha, realized I better go get Feb's mail from my PO box!
3) Take god daughter out for a FroYo date no, no, no, no
4) Clear one room of clothes to keep/donate/toss no, no, no, no but tried on two pairs of jeans so making progress???

Have a great TGIF everyone!

Old 02-10-2011, 09:57 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Jess, everybody's different. I lost 20 pounds with carbs anywhere from 50-60%. I'd temporarily whack it lower, like now, when I'm in a plateau, but just because low carb works for someone else doesn't mean it works for you. My best advice is to experiment with different things and to find out what's best for your body. And don't forget to eat your healthy fats, too!
CJ, i love you for saying this i always felt silly coz my carbs are around 55% and everyone goes low carb, that would kill me. BTW, I'm paying 'junk tax' am back to 164lb booooooo
Old 02-11-2011, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

well today was my weigh-in day.

i gained 0.66 lbs

i'm alittle dissapointed in myself but that just means i gotta get back on track with my food.

i had tacos last night, not that it was really bad snice i had it loaded with lettuce and onion. but i had 3 which i should of kept it to 2 like i first planed.

hopefully i'll lose a pound over the next week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.