Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24

Old 01-24-2011, 06:06 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats, Mai! Mike, welcome back!

Already this thread did me good. I did not put cheese in the Italian wedding soup (sadly canned but "low sodium") I ate for lunch and I used soy cheese (yuck) in my veggies and eggs and in my sandwich because I knew I would have to record it. Plus trying to add veg and fruit wherever possible.

So thanks already!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:07 AM
FitDay Member

Default new here

Goals are something I have read (I am a big procrastinator) that I need to do to "get it all together"

Okay - I'm on low-carb so here goes:
  1. Keep net carbs below 20
  2. 35 situps on fitness ball every AM
  3. Stretch for 5-10 minutes every day
  4. 10-30 minutes on bike every day
  5. large salads/more vegetables every day

For my internal peace of mind and continued balance:
  1. Knit for a little while every evening.
  2. Do a little bit of exercise AFTER dinner instead of just in the A.M.
  3. Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night.
  4. Continue to lay out all clothes at night.
  5. Do all dishes before going to bed
  6. When stressed - breathe!!!

thanks for letting me join this group. I know I'll feel better at the end of the week for doing these things.

174/158/137
Old 01-24-2011, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Let's hear it for girl power!!!

For the last 2-3 months I've had a broken elliptical machine sitting in my dining room. I knew what was wrong with it, believe me, I'm the one that broke it. So I asked DH to take it apart so I could take it to dad for a bit of welding. Dragged it over to dad's only to find out (3 weeks later) that he is really busy and isn't sure his welding equipment can do this job. Okay, went over myself and picked up the pieces from dad, even though DH has been over there helping dad with a wiring project like 3-4 weekends running (but somehow he never remembered to bring them home). Anyhow, I called a welder, made an appointment, dropped the pieces off (plus the broken pieces of the coat rack) and today I picked them up, paid the welder, dragged the pieces home and put the whole works back together. Ha and a hi-yaa!!! Boom baby, mommy's rockin' it today.

I'm feeling so good I'm going to issue a challenge for the week to all of you. Take care of something that's been nagging at you for just too long. It doesn't have to involve a welder, just something that you've been avoiding or haven't worked up the energy or motivation to deal with. Just do it. Since I did most of the welder business last week, I'm going to come up with something else to do for myself. Maybe I'll clean this pig-pen we loosely refer to as "the den"....

Can I just say that I'm very motivated by the length of this thread, 3 pages already on a Monday? Wow, you guys are faaaa-bulous!!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
I'm feeling so good I'm going to issue a challenge for the week to all of you. Take care of something that's been nagging at you for just too long. It doesn't have to involve a welder, just something that you've been avoiding or haven't worked up the energy or motivation to deal with. Just do it.
Okay, I'll take that challenge. I need to go through with the Johnson Family Financial Summit. We've been saying we are going to sit down and analyze our finances and review our plans, and hubby and I are never of the mindset to do it at the same time. We've really been putting it off, but there's really no excuse for that. Because he doesn't get home till 9 or so, it's probably not going to happen till the weekend, but dammit, I'll do it!

I'm trying to work other things like this (office, painting) into my weekly goals, too. I love the way a number of us are including goals that aren't related to weight loss and exercise...because it's all important. Take care of yourselves today, y'all!
Old 01-24-2011, 09:50 AM
FitDay Member

1) eat under 1900kcal 1915
2) burn at least 2500kcal 2278
3) continue being vegetarian (vegan where possible) yes
4) increase water intake!! yes
5) exercise daily (walking doesn't count) 20min killer legs 'n bum, new DVD
6) catch up with my paperwork no

CarolineFrance, I really like your blog
Old 01-24-2011, 10:13 AM
FitDay Member

Let's do it! I love the body, and peace of mind and spirit goals. Also deal with the nagging for too long challange. Game on!

For a healthy body:

1. 1600-1700 calories a day
2. water, water, water, water, water 64oz or more
3. only one fudgecicle this week
4. go to the gym 4 times this week

For peace of mind and spirit:
1. one fudgecicle this week
2. demand quiet time at home
3. weigh in once on Saturday morning
4. everything listed above!

Big Fat Nagging Task:
1. Cleaning under the bed.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by miverso3
Let's do it! I love the body, and peace of mind and spirit goals. Also deal with the nagging for too long challange. Game on!

For a healthy body:

1. 1600-1700 calories a day
2. water, water, water, water, water 64oz or more
3. only one fudgecicle this week
4. go to the gym 4 times this week

1. one fudgecicle this week
2. demand quiet time at home
3. weigh in once on Saturday morning
4. everything listed above!

Big Fat Nagging Task:
1. Cleaning under the bed.
I love the fudgicle thing, that it appears on both lists. I am feeling the importance of fudgicles here. I want to go on record saying I support fudgicles - in moderation, of course.

Almeeker, you are my heroine and will now be my inspiration to shlep writing books up to my desk cabinets and find places for my old journals. I have kept journals for YEARS and they are just sitting in my closet taking up valuable real estate. My next goal might be to actually read them. But let's move them for now. So...I ...accept...your challenge!!!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 12:53 PM
FitDay Member

So sick today! Sore throat, tired, sore neck and lymph nodes. Saturday my daughter threw up and had a fever for about 24 hours and still feels pretty lousy. I know they say you can workout if sick from the "neck up" but I just feel so exhausted. I ate 2,200 cal's today with an overage of 600(!) based on my few activities, only 20% protein, ha ha! Well, never too late to start on a Tues.

Plus, my supervisor said they are going to be cutting department members due to budget issues and will have a better sense of "how many" in a few weeks so we should all start looking for new jobs just in case. Oh joy!

Goals:
1. 5x produce Y
2. Light and short exercise (yoga, pilates) 3x this week since sick Y
3. Calories <1800 N
4. Max 1 serving artificial sweetener per day N, 3
5. Fiber >=20 g
6. Protein >= 30% (right now I'm around 10-20% every day so I really need to work on this. We don't eat a lot of meat or eggs so this is going to be hard)

Last edited by rubypeanut; 01-24-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:10 PM
FitDay Member

I'm in.

For a health & body:

1. Keep calories 1,500 or less. YES 1,466
2. Drink 96 oz of water YES
3. Pie at 40/40/20. 45/38/17
4. Get in 6 hours of exercise. 90 min
5. Get elliptical machine up put back together. OH YEAH BABY!!!
6. No more than 2 servings of grain based carbs per day. YES 1.5,
7. Maintain calorie deficit of 500 minimum. 1,099

8. Take a load into Goodwill, maybe 2? NO
9. Gather up coats/hats/mittens for Boy Scout coat project. Some
10. Gather up non-perishables for Boy Scout food drive. NO
11. Make at least 2 pieces for DD's Bloomer dress costume. NO
12. Average 6 things from the to-do "list" per day. NO 2,

Did very well diet/exercise today, less so on accomplishing my other goals, but I feel so good about the elliptical that it just can't bring me down. On Tuesday I'm down to 1 kiddo from 8:00am-3:25pm, so maybe I can make some decent headway on the second half of my list.

Last edited by almeeker; 01-24-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

Default Wow Ladies!!! (& Mike)

I can't believe how many posts there are to this thread. You are all amazing. Welcome CarolineFrance and Muna, glad to see you are here. Also Hope, you are so welcome. Sending you all positive thoughts.

RubyPeanut, I sure hope you feel better soon! You poor thing. Get plenty of rest okay?

Mike, I watched your video. You really have a cute Southern accent. As a Canadian, I get such a kick out of it!

Almeeker, you just keep coming up with great ideas. I love your challenge but I can't think of anything off the top of my head, that has been nagging at me. I am sure I'll think of something though...

For my physical health I will:

1. Eat 1550 calories or less per day: YES (1465)
2. Take my vitamin: YES
3. Do my workout every morning: DONE!
4. Eat less than 45% carbs per day: YAY 32%
5. Make a nice big pot of turkey chili to have for lunches I did it & it's delish!
6. Get at least 7 hours of sleep per night: YES
8. Drink at least 80 oz. water per day: DONE!

For peace of mind & spirit I will:

1. Start & work on a new knitting project: NOT YET
2. Clean my apartment: A LITTLE
3. Read a little every night before sleeping: NOT YET
4. Work on my proposal: NOT YET
5. Bust out my new sewing machine & try it out: NOT YET

Last edited by mtlgirl; 01-24-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.