Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24

Old 01-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Rhonda, be careful if you go out to the gym...I have relatives in northern VA, western MD and PA, and according to their Facebooks, it's taken them hours to get home this evening .

Thanks for the encouragement. I know I'll pull it together. Would that I had only eaten over by 250...but a day of it is better than a week of it and I'll be back on track soon.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Cassie, I'm sorry to hear that... but good for you! I think we all need to say "eff it" every now and then just for the sake or saying/ doing it.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:25 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Ok, serious stuff now, Wed check in

1.) Maintain calories at 1200 - 1500: 1334, umm...1762 a little over, 1422
2.) Maintain carbs @ 40%, 23%, 46%. 36%
3.) Maintain protein @ 90g 143g (over board again!), 110g 72g,
4.) Yoga 2 times: YES 1 down,but the Wed noon class is being suspended for a while - bummer, love the teacher and the time works well with other activities
5.) Crossfit 2 times: YES one down, great workout
6.) At least 1 long run

7.) Finish trimming vines and shrubs before the birds start nesting (The great thing about SoCal is that you get the garden year 'round. The lousy thing about SoCal is you have to garden year 'round)
8.) Find out why I haven't been paid: Found out:weather! can you image! actually since I work for the Feds, weather is having a big impact everywhere, just not here, right now This is done
9.) Do what it takes to get my poor technician on payroll. The paperwork has been languishing for months and she has been beyond patient. not yet, hopefully on Thursday
Old 01-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

1) drink a gallon of water per day yes 138.3oz, yes 202.8oz,no 101.4oz
2) work out 3 days no (but I did cardio for 30 mins),yes + 30mins recumbent bike, nope
3) walk 15 miles 0,2mi,0mi,
4) floss 6 times 1,1,1
5) average at least 300 cals deficient per day for 6 days (this number will reflect sleep being added in, making it harder to get to the #) -209, -375, -322
6) take in at least 145g of protein per day yes 185.3, yes 165.2, 159.6
7) go two days without bread (last week I went one day w00t!) Nope, No, nope
8) Finish the week no higher than 173#

9) save a life... give blood Not yet, not yet, yep
10) 6 random acts of kindness 0,1,2,
11) keep spammers under control Yes -there weren't any
Old 01-27-2011, 12:26 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday check-in

1. Limit calories to 1500 per dayNoyesyes
2. 72 ounces of water or more per dayYES!yesyes
3. 5 or more fruits/veggies per dayYesyesyes
4. Exercise 4 days/45 minutes eachNoyesyes
5. Multivitamin dailyYesyesyes
6. Weigh Friday, and show the same or a slight loss We'll see...
6. Pray for a job interview for the job I applied for Got a call for an interview!!!
7. Continue to do my best work at my current job, even though it's less than ideal.yes.Yes

Yesterday was a good day.
I like to give blood when I can - I have good veins.
Cassie - we all have those kinda days. Helps you appreciate the good days - right?
Old 01-27-2011, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default What do I do?!

This morning as I was doing my 30 Day Shred workout, my downstairs neighbor started banging on her wall during the 2-minute cardio circuits. I have a brand new maple floor so it can't be that loud. This downstairs neighbor is a local TV personality who is a total spoiled diva and has thrown loud parties without warning us neighbors. She never shovels her stairs so she uses mine (just to give you an idea of her personality.) She has also had screaming matches with her boyfriend that the whole block can hear, sometimes at 2am. So now she's disturbed by a little floor tremble for a total of 6 minutes (3 X 2-minute circuits.)

I think that I will just keep going and see where this goes. This is the first time she heard me and it was 8am when I started so it's not that early. If she rings my doorbell and says anything I will have to just calmly tell her that it is really a short duration and she has to tolerate it. The building we live in is over 100 years old so we are all bound to hear our neighbors from time to time.

Advice anyone?
Old 01-27-2011, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday's achievements

Food
--limit 1600 calories, actual 1186 calories (accidentally skipped breakfast)
--limit 25g net carbohydrates, actual 24g
--protein goal 100-120g, actual 107

Exercise goal was 9 minutes walking DVD (horrible stamina)--achieved 9 minutes

Water goal was 40 oz. (ultimate goal 48)- only about 24 oz.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Rose, I'm 64 years old and have had a few neighbors in my lifetime with whom I didn't see eye to eye. Even when we feel like we're in the right, sometimes the only way to get along with certain people is to swallow our pride and be the bigger person.

I normally don't get up until about 8:30, but would have no objection if someone woke me up with their daily routine at 9:00AM if I had slept in a bit.

What I would do is to knock on her door (when you know she's awake. LOL) and ask her first what time she gets up in the morning. If you could postpone your 2 minute cardio circuits until that time, then just tell her your cardio circuits are only two minutes and that's when you'll be starting them. If you can't postpone them until then, ask her to work with you on a compromise.

Congrats on your weight loss so far! Way to go!

Best wishes--
Mern
Old 01-27-2011, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Mike,

I admire your generosity giving blood. What an awesome thing to do! As for me, I passed out every time my kids had shots! I know... I'm terribly wimpy. But I do send my 17 y/o daughter to donate as her blood cells are much prettier and perkier than mine. LOL

Cassie,

Don't feel bad... I've been in that rebellious mode for about a week. When I'm like this, I just try to eat very healthy and put the weight loss off for a bit.

quinn
Old 01-27-2011, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Diet/exercise:
1)1550 cals or below: 1422, 1655 (see exercise), 1743
2) cut down on dairy: a little pesto (made with sheeps milk which I can tolerate), the rest soy cheese, I NEEDED THE CHEESE!!! Yes no cheese today
3) 8 glasses H2O min (track them): 72 oz, 72 oz., 48oz
4) exercise/stretch, even at home, 3x a week: gym, at home and in the gym, gym
5) 5 fruits and veggies daily: yes, 4, 3
6) cook 3-4 good dinners this week: yes, GREAT DINNER, AWESOME DINNER
7) avoid tomatoes (allergy): yes, resisted the chicken parm I made and ate, chicken/veggie burger with banana ketchup instead, yup, Yes

What my friend Stevie calls "Life Maintenance" stuff:
1) get back to serious writing (you know you want to): wrote but not seriously, only morning pages (journal)NO writing at all
2) meditate (you know you need to): yes, NO, NO
3) clothes in car to Goodwill, stop driving them around: clothes are still passengers in my trunk, NO clothing still my hostages, NO
4) call friends and family: No, YES, NO
5) call doctor re tapering Lyrica: No, [color="blue"]YES, might have to call him again
6) keep positive as much as humanly possible: Eh but may I say you all look lovely... whaddaya want I'm trying, NO and what are you looking at? (oops! Sorry! New day), tried

My DD is mostly home due to midterm schedule and incessant snow days. DH pulled out his back so my stuff has taken a back seat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.