Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies >

No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies

Community
Notices

No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies

Old 07-20-2010, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

Not sure if this has been done before, but has anyone ever set up a chat before for this group? I would love to set one up sometime (on a free chat site) if anyone was interested I would just set a time and then post the link here once I got it open...
Old 07-20-2010, 06:35 AM
FitDay Member

I tend to talk too much. I'm sorry Just trying to stay on track right now.

Anyways, does anyone else make their food/exercise logs visible. I wouldn't mind looking at other ways to eat better and knowing that others will look at mine will hold me more accountable
Old 07-20-2010, 10:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunk78
Anyways, does anyone else make their food/exercise logs visible. I wouldn't mind looking at other ways to eat better and knowing that others will look at mine will hold me more accountable
I didn't even realize that was an option. Mine is now public, so feel free to check it out.

As a side note, I'm beginning to have a theory about my weight-loss full stop. Due to stress last week, there were a few days that I really cut down the amount of calories I ate, but I still had 4 days of pretty moderate to intense exercise. I wonder if my body is going into "starvation" mode because I'm cutting calories too much?

It's confusing because Fitday has me at a 1000-calorie deficit (somewhere between 1500-1800) based on the activity level I chose (sedentary, since my job is a desk job) daily, but I'm also looking at SparkPeople, and they recommend that my calorie range should be 1,760 - 2,110.

The Freedieting calculator has (with a 5x a week exercise selection) my extreme fat loss calorie level as 1912 with my BMR at 1812.

So now I'm not sure what I should be doing. I'm trying to push to work out an hour a day 6 days this week (with a 2 hour day on Saturday), so do you think I should up my calorie intake? Should I wait another week & continue as is to see if the result is the same before changing it?

Any advice is appreciated.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:05 AM
FitDay Member

what about just aiming for the overlap area between the 2 sites-- trying to hit between 1700-1900 calories?
Old 07-20-2010, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

does anyone else make their food/exercise logs visible. I wouldn't mind looking at other ways to eat better and knowing that others will look at mine will hold me more accountable
Originally Posted by mstaff4564
I didn't even realize that was an option. Mine is now public, so feel free to check it out.
I don't know how to see your public profiles. How can I view your public profiles?
Old 07-20-2010, 12:15 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Susan8Less
I don't know how to see your public profiles. How can I view your public profiles?

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...r=ChunkyDunk78

That is mine, but I'm not sure if you have to be my "friend" on here or not to see it... I tried to request you, but you have nothing public at all, so I can't

This seems to be getting easier today- my water intake was less forced, and my stats for today were:
calories: 1,865

fat: 68.7

carbs: 228.6

protein:128.4

So i got my carbs down a bit... my calories are down a little too, but that's ok, I'm not feeling hungry, so it's a good place to be.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

what about just aiming for the overlap area between the 2 sites-- trying to hit between 1700-1900 calories?
That's not a bad idea. I think I'm going to try that & see what happens. Since I'm exercising a lot more, it makes sense to up my calories a bit.

Busted my butt with a 45-minute treadmill workout this morning. The scale read 239. Down a pound from yesterday, woo! Let's hope this downward trend continues this week. Maybe some of the water weight is going bye-bye.

Other than that, not much going on. My stepson is with his mom this week. Hubby's new job isn't very reliable - he's been sent home due to malfunctioning equipment 2 days in a row. I really hope unemployment will supplement what he's missing in work pay, since it's supposed to be a full time job but it seems like it isn't. No wonder the job has such a high turnover rate, sheesh.

Hope everyone is doing well!

My journal link is here (I do go a few days ahead to record food & exercise, so please don't get confused): http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...ser=mstaff4564
Old 07-21-2010, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies,

I like your public journals. It's pretty neat that you can share that on here.

I've been doing very well until I had my dinner tonight. I seemed to think I was doing okay, but the stupid penne pasta package says it has 310 calories in 3/4 of a cup. I should have measured and allowed myself only 3/4 cup but I think I had more like double that. I also had some chicken and veggies and a white sauce. All in all.. over 1000 calories for my dinner. NOT GOOD.

Have you ever noticed that Fitday doesn't have PASTA in their list? The closest I could find was noodles and it says it's only 200 calories per cup. Not according to my packages of pasta!

Hopefully I learned something from this dreadful experience. Pasta must be carefully measured ahead of time!

Pressing onward...
Old 07-21-2010, 01:21 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Ladies,

Hope I can join in! What's going on?
Old 07-21-2010, 02:03 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ngold004
Hey Ladies,

Hope I can join in! What's going on?

Welcome I'm pretty new too, and so far have gotten nothing but helpful, supportive messages on here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.