Notices

Testosterone

Old 01-12-2012, 10:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
Good tip! That's a new one, I'll try it. Sounds very good, and I've already got the extract on hand.

I'm a real green tea enthusiast, so I'm really appreciating your interest. We also have a whole thread dedicated to specifically green tea, if you haven's seen it yet:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ight-loss.html

There's some other tips in that thread as well. But your vanilla extract idea sounds like a definite winner!
I have been drinking it about 2 months. About two mugs p/day. I think I'll try different brands for taste. I 'steep' 3-5 minutes.

Thanks for the links,...I'm going to try cinnamon, for a flavor change.
I'm not expecting miracles but I'll take any help! That seems safe.
Is the tea at Chinese restaurants green or black? I've always liked that tea.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

I'm pretty sure it's black. Oolong as far as I know. Yeah, that's good tea, for sure.

Cinnamon is supposed to be good for weight loss as well. I only like it certain ways at certain times. It's one of the few spices that I'm a little skittish about.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I tried cinnamon sticks in my tea, don't really care for it. I do drink green tea pretty much all day now--kinda' got hooked on it.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-02-2012, 10:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
I've never heard about green tea increasing T but green tea has a lot of great health benefits, one of which is to help burn belly fat; therefore, indirectly, green tea would help with T.

I've done a lot of reading on green tea and never saw any direct relationship about drinking it and positive effects on Testosterone. If you've got a link please point me in the direction.
Maybe for increased T you would use it topically instead of orally?
Old 02-05-2012, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

Update?

I've read a few sites, that claim, in order to assist in weight loss? [if] it's going to? It may require 10 or more cups per day!...Frankly I doubt I'll drink that much. As such I might try the extract capsules.

Opinions?..advise?....anyone really know?
Old 02-07-2012, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by oldlift
Update?

I've read a few sites, that claim, in order to assist in weight loss? [if] it's going to? It may require 10 or more cups per day!...Frankly I doubt I'll drink that much. As such I might try the extract capsules.

Opinions?..advise?....anyone really know?

10 cups is not that much. Thats 80 ounces of liquid. You should be drinking at least that amount of water every day. Some of us here drink Green Tea all day in place of water.

I've used the Green Tea Extract. I think it's just as effective as drinking green tea for curbing appetite. I've used "Green Tea 315 mg. plus Hoodia" from Wallyworld, for cheap.

But I still believe drinking Green Tea is better than taking the extract, since one needs the hydration. You can do both, like I've done when I was trying to lose weight.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

I took me a while to get fit enough to do high intensity interval training (HIIT). But once I added 1 or 2 4-8 min bouts per week to my normal walking, my libido skyrocked.
I'm 45 165lbs down from 210(took 2 years) and I now "perform" better and could "perform" much more often if she required/let me LOL. Fasted HIIT has had a greater effect for me.
Here is a good explanation of HIIT http://www.notyouraveragefitnesstips...orkout-routine

I have been roughly gauging my general health by my libido.
If my libido is raised does that mean a rise in testosterone?
Old 07-15-2012, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

DHEA is a over-the-counter sold hormone that will boost testosterone levels, increase weight loss and boost libido. It is said to have nasty side effects though, such as hair loss, enlarged prostate and heart palpitations…

A by-product of DHEA is 7-KETO DHEA which is also attainable legally, and so far has not shown any of the side effects, but still is said to be very effective for weight loss.

To try, I started taking 2 x 25 mg daily and so far I believe it has helped my weight loss dramatically (in combination with Shaun T's insanity and a daily intake of no more than 1600 calories)… Still a little bit worried about side effects though, so I'll finish this month and then try to keep the weight leveled with exercise and the right diet.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by oldlift
Anyone know anything about these claims that increasing testosterone levels, will boost metabolism? Help with weight loss,management?

Or tried Green Tea...for the same thing?

Likely all snake oil,..but thought I'd ask?
I have just started on Testosterone replacement Therapy. Generally general practitioners are reluctant to prescribe T. The line you will get is that if you fall between 200- 1000 in your levels you are in the normal range. That is a big range. Test results too can vary depending on any number of factors. I have been tested twice this past year one at 237 and and another at 350. I finally went to Men's Clinics of America in chicago area- They see anything under 500 as low. I am seeing some really good progress. My workouts are easier my body is looking better and feeling more energized. I was reluctant to go at first. I didn't want to be seen as trying to "juice" but it really is a quality of life issue and if you do have low t you are simply bringing up your T to where you might have been at 20-30. What finally convinced me was reading the book "Testosterone for Life" It is an excellent book written by a doctor who has done his homework and looked at all of the research out there on arguments against TRT and debunks many of the medical mtyhs that still exist today. WARNING: Going to men's clinics is a bit pricey- I am currently exploring other options to find a doc who will prescribe outside their clinic. Mens clinics or others like them specialize in T replacement and sexual performance issues and they don't take insurance or let you get your T they prescribe from insurance -you have to go through them. I started a couple months ago and got a 6 months program to see how it goes. So far so good- Good luck
Old 08-07-2012, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by PaulMcNulty
I have just started on Testosterone replacement Therapy. Generally general practitioners are reluctant to prescribe T. The line you will get is that if you fall between 200- 1000 in your levels you are in the normal range. That is a big range. Test results too can vary depending on any number of factors. I have been tested twice this past year one at 237 and and another at 350. I finally went to Men's Clinics of America in chicago area- They see anything under 500 as low. I am seeing some really good progress. My workouts are easier my body is looking better and feeling more energized. I was reluctant to go at first. I didn't want to be seen as trying to "juice" but it really is a quality of life issue and if you do have low t you are simply bringing up your T to where you might have been at 20-30. What finally convinced me was reading the book "Testosterone for Life" It is an excellent book written by a doctor who has done his homework and looked at all of the research out there on arguments against TRT and debunks many of the medical mtyhs that still exist today. WARNING: Going to men's clinics is a bit pricey- I am currently exploring other options to find a doc who will prescribe outside their clinic. Mens clinics or others like them specialize in T replacement and sexual performance issues and they don't take insurance or let you get your T they prescribe from insurance -you have to go through them. I started a couple months ago and got a 6 months program to see how it goes. So far so good- Good luck
TRT actually does nothing to enhance muscle gain. Most guys believe it does simply because they have more energy. The better you work out and faster recovery times equals better results.
I have low t also but not low enough to start TRT.
Robb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.