Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > MEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just men
Challenge: Lose 10% body weight by New Years. >

Challenge: Lose 10% body weight by New Years.

Community
Notices

Challenge: Lose 10% body weight by New Years.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:07 PM
FitDay Member

Since everyone seems to have abandoned the lose 10% by Thanksgiving thread, I'll continue by posting here, so there is some accountability. I have been all over the map recently, both figuratively and literally. A couple weekends ago, I went back east to a 10 year reunion. It was a lot of fun but also gained some weight. I worked out a bit in the hotel and got some walks in but not enough. Got back to regular when I got home and the weight started to slowly come down again. Then this week, I got the flu for a couple of days and I lost a few pounds. Not the way I wanted to but at least I lost some. Now the trick will be to keep it off. I haven't gotten back to doing much exercise because of the flu. Keep it up everyone.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by misfit36
Since everyone seems to have abandoned the lose 10% by Thanksgiving thread, I'll continue by posting here, so there is some accountability. I have been all over the map recently, both figuratively and literally. A couple weekends ago, I went back east to a 10 year reunion. It was a lot of fun but also gained some weight. I worked out a bit in the hotel and got some walks in but not enough. Got back to regular when I got home and the weight started to slowly come down again. Then this week, I got the flu for a couple of days and I lost a few pounds. Not the way I wanted to but at least I lost some. Now the trick will be to keep it off. I haven't gotten back to doing much exercise because of the flu. Keep it up everyone.
Welcome to the challenge, though I didn't mean for folks to abondon the TG Challange thread--just that I met my TG goal way early. Anyway, great job on getting right back on track and keep up the good work!

Michael
Old 11-07-2010, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default week 6

I keep plugging along. keeping calories between 1800 to 2000. carbs low, less than 60 net carbs. i am not much of a candy eater so halloween was not much of a problem for me. no alcohol either . I dropped alot this week for me . I lost the pound I gained, plus three more, so I am at 224. down four for the week and 15 total in six weeks.

you guys seem to be doing very well. keep it going
Old 11-07-2010, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Welcome to the challenge, though I didn't mean for folks to abondon the TG Challange thread--just that I met my TG goal way early. Anyway, great job on getting right back on track and keep up the good work!

Michael
I think some people abandoned it just because they abandoned it! I just mean there seems to be very little activity on that thread.

Have a good week, guys.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:19 PM
FitDay Member

Stayed the same this week which was a result. We have charity days at work this week and samosa's were on sale. Had 5 one morning and they ain't small.

I've received yet more comments from colleagues and friends saying, "God mate, you need to loss that belly!!!"

I knew I had gained weight and knew that I'd gained 2 stone but it really hits home when people actually say something about it. Most people would not say anything but it must be bad for people to raise their concern.

Due to pants weather this week I'll struggle to make my lunch time walks but will go out in the evening no matter what the weather.

Need to have a good week but I know I need to put the hours in.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default Plateau

Down 3 lbs. since joining this challenge almost two weeks ago. I seem to have hit a plateau about a week ago. Been hovering around even 200 lbs. now for more than a week. I've started doing more exercise recently which includes weights. I can only hope I'm trading fat for muscle. That's a plateau I welcome.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Male, 6' 2", 48 yo
6/1/10 weight: 240 lbs.
Challenge start weight: 210
1/1/11 goal weight: 189
Current weight: 200
Old 11-13-2010, 11:33 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Another 7.5 lbs down this week! Hard to believe a few simple changes have made this much difference.

Anyway, the scale says 314.5 this morning, down from 322 last Saturday so that leaves 15.5 lbs left for this challenge. If this crazy pace continues, I'll make this milestone ahead of time. It will be a nice mental boost to be under 300 lbs.

Oh, and another 2.9 points off my BMI and FitDay says I will no longer be in the "Extremely Obese" category--can't wait to be simply "Obese" ;-)

Stick to your plans and be healthy this week guys!

Regards,
Michael

Last edited by mecompco; 11-14-2010 at 02:45 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default week 7

keep plugging away. i checked my stats. looks like I am averaging 1700 cal a day instead of 1800 to 2000 i keep saying. averaging 33% protein, 17% carbs, 50% fat, no alcohol. i walk 3 mile a day. i need to ad weights to my routine, just having a hard time with travel schedule each week.

loss 1 lb this week, or 223 lbs. down 16 lbs in total,

Michael, great job with the 7.5 lb loss. amazing.

i hope eveyone has a good week.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:09 AM
FitDay Member

jptfenwick, how do you keep your carbs so low? Can you post a typical day of food for yourself, or can I access your food tracker?

Chris
Old 11-15-2010, 11:36 AM
FitDay Member

Chris, i tried to post a link down below but i am not sure its going to work. just in case I'll post a typical days menu. Breakfast, 2 eggs with two slices of deli ham or half a roasted red pepper.

this usally keeps me until after my hour brisk walk at lunch, Lunch is normally 6 oz of chicken/fish with two/three cups of steam vegatables.

mid afternoon: one oz of walnuts/almonds

dinner 6 oz chicken/fish/occasional beef like today and two side veggies, creamed cauliflora/broccoli/brussel sprouts, etc. limited starches like winter squash.

after dinner i was having a no fat yogurt, but switching to berries/canteloup. i am trying to only eat whole foods.

drink a ton water plus coffee.

this normally keeps me full with no cravings (except today when i ate an early lunch and was really hungry for dinner and ate more than i normally do.

i forget how good i feel when I eat low carb, no cravings, usually no hunger,handle stress better and sleep better. i do miss an occasional drink, but I dont want to until i am closer to my goal. Joe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.