Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > MEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just men
Challenge: Lose 10% body weight by New Years. >

Challenge: Lose 10% body weight by New Years.

Community
Notices

Challenge: Lose 10% body weight by New Years.

Old 01-01-2011, 01:45 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default New Year's Day Challenge End

Well, I guess this will be my last post in this thread, it being New Year's Day and all.

Congratulations to those of you who reached your challenge goals. To those of you who didn't, don't give up!

Regards,
Michael

Challenge results:
10/02/10 337 lbs. Begin Challenge
01/01/11 297 lbs. End Challenge
40 lbs. down in ~12 weeks

Now on to the next challenge--270 lbs. by April Fools Day.
Then the 10% Fourth of July 240 lbs. challenge.
Then the 10% Columbus Day 215 lbs. challenge.
Then the 10% New Year's 2011 199 challenge.

That's my plan for 2011--we'll see how it plays out. Who's with me?

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-04-2011, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default congratultions

Mike, congratulation on making your goal og getting below 299. I made my goal a couple weeks early but have not stopped. I didn't mean to disapppear but had some unexpected family travel for the holidays and sadly for funerals. I did not get online much or on a scale. Just got home today and once I get organised I'll be postng again.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by jptfenwick
Mike, congratulation on making your goal og getting below 299. I made my goal a couple weeks early but have not stopped. I didn't mean to disapppear but had some unexpected family travel for the holidays and sadly for funerals. I did not get online much or on a scale. Just got home today and once I get organised I'll be postng again.
Sorry to hear about the funerals. But, glad to hear that you reached your goal, and early to boot!

Looks like you shouldn't have any trouble reaching 200 by March--good for you.

Check in when life allows!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-11-2011, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Default after the fact contribution to the thread

To Michael and all the others who have posted here. It is quite inspirational and motivating to read about your challenges and successes, so in the spirit of community, I will share my story: I Started out on October 4th with the main focus being on regaining health and finding a sustainable lifestyle.

I am 5' 10" and started out at 252 lbs.....Checking my records, on January 1st I weighed in at 212 lbs....40 lbs less than my starting weight, a reduction of 15.9% of my original body weight.

The real upside is I have gained focus and motivation and a renewed interest in life as well as personal satisfaction in setting and achieving various goals. I guess an old dog can learn a few new tricks along the way.