Community
Notices

Losing too much weight?

Old 07-20-2010, 08:27 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by CapnCrunch00
muscle turning into fat is an expression that people always use if you want to be all technical that isn't possible, bottom line if you bulk up lifting weights and you don't maintain that routine you don't return to your original small state you remain stocky but not as ripped or healthy looking point you are out of shape and fat.
If you aren't maintaining a routine you aren't helping your body, and you'll be fat either way.

Its not just about losing weight, its about changing your body composition and ultimately looking and feeling good. If you want lower body fat you need to lift weights.

No one needs to bulk up but toning and building some lean mass doesn't hurt anyone looking for a harder body. Bulking up is what bodybuilders do and its definitely achieved a lot differently than weight loss in both diet and training regimen.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:09 AM
FitDay Member

Ok - so thanks for all the feedback here and in the spot reducing thread! I think I will just keep pushing until the unwanted pounds/flab come off. I know I have some work to do on my eating habits. FitDay has been a big help! I will try to ramp up the weight lifting some more while maintaining my jogging and I will try to focus more on core work. I will keep my fingers crossed that the losses in my face will stabilize at some point along the way.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:11 AM
FitDay Member

Just a thought,

Maybe the people around you are reacting more to the changes you are making. They may be more reacting to the fact that you do not look the same. Secondly, they may also be trying to sabo your efforts to make change because it indirectly makes them look at their own weight issues.

Originally Posted by StevenMc
Ok - so thanks for all the feedback here and in the spot reducing thread! I think I will just keep pushing until the unwanted pounds/flab come off. I know I have some work to do on my eating habits. FitDay has been a big help! I will try to ramp up the weight lifting some more while maintaining my jogging and I will try to focus more on core work. I will keep my fingers crossed that the losses in my face will stabilize at some point along the way.