Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational starting 6/11/12: Let's get this party started >

7 Day Motivational starting 6/11/12: Let's get this party started

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 6/11/12: Let's get this party started

Old 06-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

Better late than never...

Still underwater with work so keeping my goals to a bare minimum this week:

1. 1300 or fewer calories daily.
2. Log everything and post goals daily.
3. Exercise 6 hours (four half-hour runs, at least, included).

I think that's about all I can handle .

And topping it all off, my in-laws are coming Friday for my son's tourney this weekend. Not that I don't want them, but there's a lot to do and plan.

Welcome to our newcomers, our returners, and our regulars. I hope you all have a good week!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Tori, would you mind setting both of our goals? I'll need a free day today.
I gotcha back Homie!! I'll post them when I get home. Unplanned dinner out with the parentals But I'm grateful that it's free!! I love my Deddy
Old 06-11-2012, 12:09 PM
FitDay Member

Healthiest day that I've had, food-wise, since Christmas. Hope I can hold it together later in the week when husband will be taking a couple of vacation days to set up tents, etc. So far, the forecast for Saturday is partly cloudy and 85. Keep your fingers crossed!

Trying to motivate myself to get my walk in but I'm losing steam... worked outside all weekend, which means that the inside of the house and the laundry was neglected. So, I worked on that all day today and it's been soooo muggy!! We're not used to that here, being land-locked and all. It just kind of saps your energy. I think I may run into town and do a little shopping, then walk around dusk when it cools off.

Today's results, so far...

1. Walk daily, weather permitting. Yes.
2. Calories between 1000-1100. Way under.
3. 3-4 fruits and veggies daily. Way over.
4. NO bread, cheese, frozen yogurt, etc. None.
5. Loose 2-3 lbs. this week... Will weigh in on Saturday.
6. 80-100 oz. of liquids a day. Yes.

Last edited by quinnesec; 06-11-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:15 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6

Oh, my scale is broke but she killed me there. I'm probably up since she gave me the "go ahead" on making/eating rum cake. She should know that I have a weakness for rum cake.
I still have to make one of those! With my weakness with ANY kind of cake, it kind of spells disaster, but it sounds SOOOO good!

By the way, that's how she's going to win... Talk you into Blasts and cakes and then cross the finish line first... quite brilliant, actually! I've used that against my husband quite a few times to win a bet! lol
Old 06-11-2012, 01:22 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
By the way, that's how she's going to win... Talk you into Blasts and cakes and then cross the finish line first... quite brilliant, actually! I've used that against my husband quite a few times to win a bet! lol
I'm so NOT the evil master mind you give me credit to be. Actually the rum cake sounded good and I kinda wanted to live vicariously through his belly That and I understand cravings, we all get them and I don't have the heart to say no when someone is being all pitiful. It's my womanly sympathy
Old 06-11-2012, 01:31 PM
FitDay Member

Okay...goals for myself and our resident man...

1) Log EVERYTHING and make log public (with the exception of Mike's free day today)
2) walk 8 miles (weather permitting)
3) EAT CLEAN!!!!!
4) hydrate, hydrate, hydrate

Mike Specific Goals
1) take deep cleansing breaths when stressed, don't blow up
2) no rum cakes, blasts, etc
3) take the bike out first chance you get

Tori Specific Goals
1) cut Jassi's nails
2) get bloodwork done Wednesday
3) plan all meals ahead of time, and follow through on said plans
Old 06-11-2012, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

Busy day today around house: cleaned out fridge and freezer, cleaned oven, did computer file maintenance/decluttering, burned important computer files and photos onto CDs

Monday report:
1500 calories 1406
Net Carb (total carb grams less fiber grams) limit 25g just 16g
Fiber average 25g 42g
Dietary Cholesterol average 250mg 236mg
Saturated Fat average 11% of total calories 11%
Protein minimum average 120g 135g
Exercise 5 days YES
Water 64 oz. YES
Old 06-11-2012, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

Joanne, I'm so sorry I missed your initial post on our thread. Welcome! I walk for exercise, too, but only two miles per day five days per week on a treadmill or in my living room to an aerobic walking DVD. Best wishes on your return to walking.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I'm so NOT the evil master mind you give me credit to be. Actually the rum cake sounded good and I kinda wanted to live vicariously through his belly That and I understand cravings, we all get them and I don't have the heart to say no when someone is being all pitiful. It's my womanly sympathy
LOL... I kind of do that with my husband, too! If I'm hungry for something, but don't want to eat it, I make HIM eat it. Does that make sense??

Mike gave me the recipe for that awhile ago... I've fought off temptation until now. But, it's sounding pretty tasty right about now! lol
Old 06-11-2012, 02:28 PM
FitDay Member

Default Count me in!

Hope thanks for getting us going again this week!
Quinn Great job on the weight loss!
Nobe so glad to see you’re feeling better and back at it.

Welcome Joanne and Saskiasrhythmbeads!

Mern, how do you get such low fat and high fibre on only 16 net carbs? I have been trying to achieve the same i.e. lower fat intake and up fibre and am not having much success what’s your secret?

My goals for this week:
<1400 calories
Net Carbs: < 20
double my water intake from last week
maintain Atkins induction phase one more week
exercise as much as possible (not today - hurting too much from massive gardening push yesterday)

1400 calories: 1188
Net Carbs: 18.1
Exercise: no
Water 64 oz: 48

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.