Notices

Returning FitDayer

Old 11-06-2011, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default Returning FitDayer

Hi all-

Used this site for a while last fall but then stopped for so long that I could not remember my login and have had to start over! A little frustrating to lose my Custom Food list so I plan to stay with it this time.

Appreciate all the tips so far (would not have known to capitalize custom foods) and look forward to more. I don't have a lot to lose - goal is about 15 pounds - want to keep accountable with my calorie count.

I learned that it might be a good idea to calculate calories BEFORE I decide what to cook for supper. The after-the-fact calculation for the potato corn chowder we had for dinner turned out to be about 525 calories per serving! Not surprising- it had bacon, cheese, whole milk and butter. I think that it is easier to limit my portion of the same I'm cooking for my family rather than make separate food. We don't always have this rich of a meal.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:04 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome back!

I've used FitDay on and off for years and never realized the custom food list was case sensitive so don't feel bad.

Hope you stick around this time--FitDay works but you've got to use it. Nothing wrong w/a 525 cal meal, but it's nice to know you should only have one portion--two and you've got WAY over!

I really feel that the best approach to weight loss is (most of the time) eating good tasting, fairly nutritious "real" food in moderation. That way it is a permanent lifestyle change and there is/will be no reason to eventually give it up (as one would eventually do with a "diet").

Regards,
Michael