Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 8/12/13

Old 08-16-2013, 02:38 PM
FitDay Member

Friday update:

Goals:
1. Weigh, measure, and record everything eaten T=Y, W=Y, Th=Y, F=Y
2. Keep calories at 1400 T=1711, W=1450, Th =1480, F=1380
3. Two liters of water per day (to wash away all that vacation salt and sugar) T=1L, W=2L, Th=1.5L, F=1.75

It was a great day today, pretty much hit my goals and got a lot done at work. I hope everyone else had a profitable day as well.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:18 PM
FitDay Member

First time since sunday I went over on the calories not by much. We all those days. If I did not have the light yougurt I would have stayed under. Tomorrow is another day to get it right.

My goals
water 8 cups-sun yes, mon. yes, tue yes,wed yes.thu- no,fri yes
exercise sun no, mon yes, tue yes,wed no, thu no, fri no
log everything - sun yes mon yes , tue yes, wed yes, thu yes,fri. yes
Old 08-16-2013, 04:48 PM
FitDay Member

8 glasses of water: Y, Y, Y, Y, N,
calories under 1100: Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
walking every day: M-Y, T-N, W-Y, T-Y, F-Y

Another good day.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

DH took me shopping and I got a new dress, sweater, necklace, earrings, bracelet, eye shadow, nail polish and a clutch purse. I feel totally pampered. Today I get to play with the make up and try to do different things with my hair. Oh Joy. As for DH he is a keeper. Next year is our 40th
anniversary.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:19 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I had a great time at the mall with the kids. I took them to see Despicable Me 2 and they loved it. It was hard to pass up popcorn and soda, but I paid $5 for a big bottle of water. Why is everything so expensive at the movies??? It made me keep thinking that if I spent $5 for a drink, it should be on something that I like! lol

I know I am dropping weight this week, because I peeked at the scales. I need to think about my calorie intake. I have been keeping it pretty low. I had planned only to keep it that low at the beginning of my journey, but 3 months later, it is still low and sometimes way too low. It can start to play head games with you. I don't want to become calorie obsessed....

Libby: He does sound like a keeper! You deserved to be pampered.

Nyda: Good luck trying to stay under your calorie goal today. You are right, it is always a new day.

Mel-Mc: Great job on your goals!

Kocialapcia: I had to Google the word disciprine. lol

Mike: Try to work hard this weekend to hold onto the three!

Week goals:

1. Log everything I eat daily: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
2. Stay under 1,200 calories/day: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
3. Push myself to walk faster: no, yes, yes, no, yes
4. Do daily stretches for better health and to relieve stress: yes, yes, no, yes, yes
5. Walk with walking buddy in the evenings (my daughter): yes, no, no, no, yes
Old 08-17-2013, 12:24 PM
FitDay Member

Well, I had a completely off track day to balance out yesterday's great day. It's a Saturday pitfall I have to figure out how to avoid. I clean the house then pick up Mom and get all our groceries and other errands done. When I get home I'm tired and defenseless against bad habits.

On the plus side time at the gym was included in the errands.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:52 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Joining

I hope I am using this thread correctly. I just joined FitDay. I have always had difficulty with my weight. I am 43 yrs old and ready to make a change. I have gained 41 lbs in the last 2 yrs. Ugh. I am now going to put myself on the list of "things to do". The dedication in reporting on your weekly progress is outstanding. I will accept any advice and support offered. Here we go!!
Beginning weight - 191 lbs
Exercise - none yet
Goals - drink 8 - 8oz glasses of water / day
exercise 5 times / week
go buy a pedometer
exercise in the morning to ensure it gets done!
Chrissy
Old 08-17-2013, 11:25 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Chrissy

Nice to meet you and glad that you are joining. It does work very well to set goals and report like this to the others. It also helps you to figure out what's going wrong. Mel-mc, for instance, just figured out what's wrong with her Sat routine!

For me personally, it's been time and food. I learned this past winter to plan better food and make lunches to take to work. I am using my slow cooker for supper a lot more. The result is that I have almost entirely eliminated "take out" from my life. I also used fitday to get moving again on exercise when I was having problems with my back and legs.

I haven't been logging or posting all week. My appt away with my son ended up being 2 days (they wanted us to return to the clinic the second day) and that trip was in between 2 conferences. My eating was neither bad nor good, I guess it was reasonable if imperfect. I did get a decent amount of exercise even on the conference days. I am still 2 pounds from goal. It feels kinda crazy to be taking so long to get that last 2 pounds off, sigh but I guess for now I am ok with maintaining it.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:47 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Chrissy. I got away from posting for a while and I found I wasn't eating as well as I should. Writing out goals reminds me of what I need to do. For me drinking enough water is something I struggle with.

On the weekends I usually go over on carbs but yesterday I was good! AND I even drank all my water which never happens on the weekend either

Jenn
Old 08-18-2013, 12:32 AM
FitDay Member

Stress eating got to me again. I had an argument with my sister and that triggered a binge. I should have gone for a good long walk instead.
Today is my nieces wedding and I have so much to do to get ready. With 4 people in the house and only one bath tub we are going to be stepping over each other. I have to do my hair face and nails before I get dressed. I'll tell you later how the day went.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.