Hi everyone. Like Joanna not much to report.
Haven't drank too much water today but did do 30 min workout this morning! YAY!
Had taco soup for lunch which I made before going to church...smelled so good coming in the door. I measure out a portion of tortilla chips (about 20 small which is half a serving) and put on a little bit of cheese and I last a long time without feeling hungry.
I'm trying not to worry about the number of the scale but I had a goal number in mind before I went to Dr and I'm not there.
Cassie, thanks for telling me about how wonderful it was having your other parents living next door. My maternal grandmother lived within walking distance of my childhood home. My other grandparents lived maybe 30 miles or so away, but had a farm and we visited there maybe a couple times per month. Paternal grandma was the most wonderful cook I've ever known and so loving. Paternal grandpa died when I was five, but I always remember his big smile and "Hello, kiddo!" greeting. Maternal grandma was the most horrible cook--everything swimming in grease and pie crust so thick it would choke a horse, but she was an excellent seamstress and very loving as well. Sounds like you're having a productive day with the driving and heading toward reports. I've had a really lovely day--scheduled day off exercise gave me time to sit down and read in prep for starting my new eating lifestyle tomorrow. Enjoy those granola bars.
Jenn, kudos on the workout today! Glad that taco soup is so satisfying for you. When is/was your doctor appointment? I have a number in mind, too--for my March 11 doctor's appointment. Would love to be down to 208 on my scale which is 205 on doc's scale. But I decided I'm just going to give it my best shot, and if I don't reach that goal I can still be proud of myself for trying so hard.
Joanna Hey, girl, WAY TO GO on your low calories after two dinners and one being out with friends!
Age 68, 5 feet tall
Highest weight ever in the fall of 2010 246 lbs.
FitDay starting weight 1/17/2011 240 lbs.
Weight 6/25/2014 233 that obviously included a lot of water retention
Weight 7/13/2014 224.6 with an eye on "Onederland"
You guys are doing awesome. Robin, that's some control you showed with the Chinese food, not sure I coulda done it. Wow. Reallu just a bit over and for a b-day dinner too. Nice going! I am not good with graphics so please accept this trophy and dancing banana - in spirit!
Joanna, you are doing great too. Going out with friends is the hardest or even just hanging out in social situations where there is food. Very challlenging and you stood up to it.
Cassie and Mern, thanks for being on "my side." I am hoping maybe some PT will fix me up.
Anyone see Downton Abbey? I had missed two weeks, can't believe what they did this week.
Plan for Sunday: Went totally off but stayed just above 1000 cals
Ezkiel English muffin - no nitrite ham and egg white
1/2 chicken sandwich - roast chicken, 1 pickle
grilled swordfish and grilled zucchini - swordfish and salad
apple - clementine, blueberries
lox or slices of ham or roast turkey - dried kale
pretzels if I need em - didn't need em yay
1) Plan meals - yes, yes, yes, yes no yes, yes
2) get close to plan -meh, planning meals on vacay not working out so well... close enough W&TH, no but I didn't eat much; yes I had to add pretzels because of my tummy; I think I may have a bug either that or it's fibro; hard to tell no but it was good
3) meditate (I have been and it's been amazing) yes, yes, yes, yes no travel day went to beach instead yes, yes
4) STRETCH (ditto) yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
5) Write as much as possible -no, yes but not that much was possible I am working so much on this piece I am memorizing it already, yes, yes no, no tried
1. Calories under 1300 daily. 1276, 1299 (seriously), 1278, 1266, 1272, 1329: I am counting this, dammit; I have been good all week and 100+ cals of this is cough drops and Vitamin C tablets...trying not to get this cold!
2. Log everything; post update daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Stick to my pie chart rules. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Take vitamins and supplements daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Eat clean; no trigger foods. Yes, Not on purpose, but I discovered a new trigger food, Only not clean food was canned soup-was rushing and I made mac and cheese for the boys and I wasn't eating that calorie bomb after having lunch catered! Yes, Yes, Yes, but I was dying for one of thos granola bars I made.
6. 4 fruits/veggies per day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, yes
7. 64 oz. fluids daily. No, Yes, Yes, No, Yes, Yes
8. Exercise 6 times.
9. Drive at least 5 times with the boy...last push before the test! One, Two, Three, Four Almost!
10. Revise HIPAA forms. *Need to postpone this to Wed...just found out I have a report to get done this weekend
And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
Hope Congrats on the 2lbs! Sorry to hear about the struggles you are having with pain, way to get out and go for a walk even when you feeling bad.
Mern Congrats on the new blessing in your life, I hope your gd realizes how lucky she is to have the kind of support you offer her!
Dmartz Thanks for the link I was pretty good with 10 of the tips but my raisin bran failed the breakfast tip, guess I need to look for a better cereal.
Cassie What cereal do you eat, if any? I usually go between kashi and raisin bran but both contain gmoís and I am finding it harder and harder to find breakfast food and itís my most challenging meal of the day as I am really not hungry in the morning.
Robin Way to go on the low calories with dinner out, I didnít log mine but chose a stirfry so at least it had some healthy veggies.
Ok hereís my goals for the week, simple but I know itís were I need to start.
Calories less than 1500:
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week:
"If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves."
Jan 2008=195 lbs
Nov 2009=135 lbs
July 2011=169 lbs
Jan 27 2012=143
Jan 25 2013=168
Mar 15 2013=158
Goal=140, June 17,2013
Darlene, You're right! Raisin Bran Flunks the cereal test! I just looked at the two different brands I had in my pantry. While both have 5 grams of protein, they have 18 & 20 grams of sugar per cup of cereal. Not quite as much as a can of coke, but close. So, no (whole) eggs, no raisin bran, no yoplait. There go my current breakfast options. Guess I'll switch to the high protein yogurt.
I'll probably move this discussion to the new weekly thread starting up, but here's the wrap-up on last weeks goals:
I've been through phases of cereal over the past few years. For a while I ate Special K Protein, then looked at the ingredients (HFCS, I believe...but I think they may be changing/have changed that). Then I switched to Kashi Go Lean...until the news that they were using GMO ingredients.
When I eat cereal now, it's usually as a snack. When I have it for a meal, it just doesn't get me the protein and/or fiber I need (most of the dedicated fiber cereals have artificial sweeteners that I try to avoid). These days I usually pick one of the Cascadian Farms ones or one of the Kashi ones that is clearly labeled organic. Our store has good deals occasionally and there are sometimes coupons available. And sometimes I just go with the old standard of plain Cheerios (Honey Nut if I'm jonesing for something sweet ).
Might be interesting to start a thread called What's Your Breakfast? You might get some ideas that way . (LOL...great minds...I see you already did that!).
And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.