Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread 01/11/2016--ONWARD AND DOWNWARD! >

7 Day Motivational Thread 01/11/2016--ONWARD AND DOWNWARD!

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 01/11/2016--ONWARD AND DOWNWARD!

Old 01-13-2016, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

My Goals For The Week...

The way I usually get back on track is by cleaning up my diet the first week, and then worrying about calories the second week. So, that's what I'm going to do.

1. Eat clean; eliminate the 5 "bad foods". Y, Y
2. Limit diet Coke to one glass per day. Y, none =)
3. Drink 1 glass of tart cherry juice per day. (Recommended by my MD for joint inflammation.) Y, Y
4. Drink one cup of antioxidant tea per day. Y, Y
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Y, Y
6. 45 minutes of core building per day. Y, Y
7. Walk 3 times this week; minimum of 30 minutes each day. (It's 5 below zero, here not too far from Green Bay, with a windchill of -15. I'll have to walk indoors somewhere.) N (It was so cold yesterday that my car wouldn't start.) Another N, something in my SUV has frozen and it's going to the garage to be checked over today. GRRRRRR!!!

After a few days being back on track, I got on the scale and was 3 lbs. up. Really?? Meh, it's probably sodium or something else. Although I'm not officially logging this week, I have been. Monday, I came in 45 calories over and yesterday, I was way under. So, I'm not sweating it. It all evens out.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:50 AM
Super Moderator

I'm holding on to last weeks loss. I guess my not eating much is making up for lack of water and not logging.

Quinn, thanks! They poured the slab Oct 30, we should be in around March or April. Nope, not dead yet.

Tori, Thanks for keeping the faith.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
What's keeping you up at night?? I had Sleepy Time Tea last night, too. I've been drinking a lot of decaf tea to keep from coffee or soda. I just can't drink ice cold water when it's -5 outside! lol
I wish I knew! I've been having sleep issues ever since having the children. For about 3 years, I was up with the kids feeding them, then it was just for a bottle.....then it was to comfort them back to sleep. Can you believe my daughter still doesn't sleep through the night....she's 8!!! She knows better than to wake me (I'm a bear when woken, but daddy will let her climb in and cuddle him ). I think I wake up now out of habits...or hormones. Who the heck knows! LOL! It's such a pain I tell you! I've been using over the counter sleep stuff for years, but recently I've stopped because I don't think it has any effect on me anymore. Now I try to drink a Sleepytime tea before bed....not sure if that really does much. I once tried taking melatonin supplements with extremely scary side effects...so that is not an option. What to do....
Old 01-13-2016, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone,

Still on track this week. I was having a bit of trouble getting all my water in so I added a lime to the jug and it's much better now. I also tried drinking it warm which is nice to drink in this cold weather.

My parents and brothers are fairly short; my mother is 5'3', the others are all about 5'7" or 5'8". DH, however is 6' as is DS. DD tops out at 5'8" and wears 4" heels so I am the runt.

Debbie: I have trouble sleeping as well. I do take melatonin about a half an hour before bedtime but it still takes me an hour or more to fall asleep. I don't have any side effects but DD had frightening dreams when she tried it, so I guess I am lucky.

Quinn: Walking in winter sucks so I often just pop in one of those walking DVD.s and get'r done in my living room. Or I just dance around the house to some oldie goldies, lol. Breaks a sweat and gets some movement in.

I have a trainer come in once a week and do her workouts 3x week. I am always really sore afterwards so my dance or walk sessions are for my "recover" days.

Hope you are feeling better, Mike.

Later........
Old 01-13-2016, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

I had a massive headache this morning so I took two advil and tried to have a nap. It helped a bit but I still feel a dull pain behind my left eye. It's been very cold and we got a lot of snow in the past two days. They closed the schools on Monday because of the snow. I am just mopping around the house today, no energy and no ambition either. I hope this feeling goes away soon.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

Libby,

I'm right behind you. This week I have no ambition, I'm achy and dead tired. Maybe cabin fever is setting in. I'd gladly go walking at the gym, but my SUV is still in the shop. Going to garage #2 tomorrow because garage #1 couldn't figure out what is wrong.

So in recap, my SUV, dishwasher and washing machine have all died since January 1. Not starting off this new year on the right foot, that's for sure! lol
Old 01-13-2016, 08:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
So in recap, my SUV, dishwasher and washing machine have all died since January 1. Not starting off this new year on the right foot, that's for sure! lol
Holy Moly! It sounds like the way things happen for us. If one thing goes wrong, everything else does too.

I had planned on cooking supper tonight, but Junior (the german shepherd) decided to make us rethink that. I went to the store to pick up the ingredients and when I got home BF was in the process of dismantling the couch. Junior has been tearing at one side of it and apparently he really got it while BF was on the treadmill. So now we have half of a couch (it's a reclining couch so the pieces came apart) sitting in the living room with the love seat. We took the rocker recliner out over the weekend. He didn't "eat" it but rather jumped on it so many times that it broke. So, Plan B was to call Domino's It is what it is. I've calculated the calories in the pie and can have 3 pieces and still be around 1200 calories. Better than that, I think I'll go make a salad for a starter and then eat only 1 or 2 pieces. We were going to need new living room furniture anyway, Junior is just speeding along the process Our plans for income tax returns this year is a fence so he can run to his heart's content, next year we'll probably need new bedroom furniture, and then maybe the next we'll get living room stuff. Sigh. He really is a good dog, he just needs the training....
Old 01-13-2016, 08:59 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn: Where do you find the tart cherry juice? Vicki
Old 01-13-2016, 09:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rosabella2012
you can probably find it at your main grocery store. We have a section on our juice aisle with organic and specialty juices. If they don't carry it, see if they can order it for you. Most grocery store have a speciality foods vendor that services the store. (I've worked grocery retail for over 20 years )
Old 01-13-2016, 09:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rosabella2012
Vicki,

Most grocery stores carry it in the fruit juice isle. It is a bit pricey, $5.98/32 oz. The cheapest that I've found is at Walmart and the brand that I buy is RW Knudsen. It's very tart, so I add a little Stevia. Be sure the bottle says "tart cherry".

It's kind of a problem when trying to lose weight though, because you want to have 100% juice for the best results. But, 8 oz. of 100% tart cherry juice is 140 calories.

There is another brand that has a lite version. I forget the name. That one is 60 calories per 8 oz., but is only 67% tart cherry juice.

I just started doing this a week ago, so I'm not sure if it's working yet. My MD said to just drink a small amount, like a Dixie cup size. My old MD retired and I was really lucky to replace him with a young female MD who is really into holistic medicine. She said that her patients with joint inflammation have had very good results.

I'm not a big fan of Dr. Oz, but he does the best job of explaining it's benefits.

Amazing Antioxidants: Tart Cherry Juice | The Dr. Oz Show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.