FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread 01/11/2016--ONWARD AND DOWNWARD! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/13254-7-day-motivational-thread-01-11-2016-onward-downward.html)

ToriD1012 01-11-2016 12:44 AM

7 Day Motivational Thread 01/11/2016--ONWARD AND DOWNWARD!

Okay, I didn't see a new tread, so I started one. I'll post my goals when I get home from work. Hoping all have a great Monday and another amazing week!!

Onward and Downward!

lildebbieg 01-11-2016 01:19 AM

Hi all! :) I feel I had a successful first week back at it in the New Year. I'm ready for another week of progress!

I'll check back in later with goals for the week. Have a great day all!!

quinnesec 01-11-2016 02:03 AM

Good morning, everyone!

I'm rejoining the group after about a two year absence. After I lost my weight, I was able to maintain from 2010 to March of 2015 when I had another pretty significant spinal injury. During that time, I was in a lot of pain and I ate a lot of comfort foods... homemade breads and rolls were at the top of that list.

Over those 10 months, I pretty much ate anything I wanted although I did workout, do PT and and walked 30-45 minutes a day. By keeping up my physical activity (...as much as possible) I was able to hold the weight gain down to about 12 lbs. But, now I'm ready to clean up my diet as well.

For those of you who don't know me, I joined Fitday in 2010 and quickly banded together with a group of 15 or so. I think it was our original group that started this thread, but Mike can correct me if I'm wrong. With the help and support of this thread, I was able to lose 30+ pounds and keep it off. Not with any fancy diet; just eating healthy foods, eliminating my 5 bad foods, (...bread, butter, deep fried, cheese and bakery) and walking every day. By following those simple, self-imposed rules, It's much easier to fall into a "maintenance mode" once your weight is off.

Who am I? lol I'm a wife, a mother of two adult children ages 22 and 32 and a retired full-time mom. My nest became empty a couple of years ago, and I'm trying to navigate my way into this new and exciting chapter in my life where I now have time to explore all of the things that I've always wanted to do, but didn't because the kids came first. My hobbies include backpacking, hiking and reading, although my biggest passion is cooking. If I have an extra couple of hours, you will find me in the kitchen.

Looking forward to meeting all of the faces who are new to me and saying "Hey!" to all of my old friends who became like family over the years.

AZLisaLou 01-11-2016 02:15 AM

Quinnesec, nice to meet you! I've been on here a while (previously under a different name), and I'm glad I found this group. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Libby and Debbie, great going on the losses this week!

I think I'm going to have a gain this week for the spring challenge. I always weigh less in the afternoon, so I'm not sure what my final number will be for the day. I was starting to really come down hard on myself. But then my cramps reminded me it's that time when I retain and bloat, so I can't be completely mad at myself. I really didn't do horribly last week. I had a few off moments, but I think I had more good than bad.

I'm going to work hard to have a good week despite mother nature!

quinnesec 01-11-2016 02:20 AM

My Goals For The Week...

The way I usually get back on track is by cleaning up my diet the first week, and then worrying about calories the second week. So, that's what I'm going to do.

1. Eat clean; eliminate the 5 "bad foods".
2. Limit diet Coke to one glass per day.
3. Drink 1 glass of tart cherry juice per day. (Recommended by my MD for joint inflammation.)
4. Drink one cup of antioxidant tea per day.
5. Take all vitamins and supplements.
6. 45 minutes of core building per day.
7. Walk 3 times this week; minimum of 30 minutes each day. (It's 5 below zero, here not too far from Green Bay, with a windchill of -15. I'll have to walk indoors somewhere.)

Next week, I'll add my calorie restrictions.

quinnesec 01-11-2016 02:30 AM

Good morning, Lisa! The weather here in the north is absolutely brutal. I wish I could just walk out the door and go walking, but not with a -15 windchill. It feels good to have my "clean eating" meals figured out for the week ahead and to be back on track.

This morning, I put a nice, big chicken into a large oval slow cooker with a tiny bit of olive oil and a seasoning rub. We'll have some for dinner tonight, and then the rest we'll use on sandwiches and salads throughout the week. =)

01gt4.6 01-11-2016 02:32 AM

Welcome back losers! Quinn, I think it was originally about 15 of y'all cackling hens. I was the late comer.

I'm down 4.2 pounds from last week. I gained back a little of what I had lost over the weekend but I still smashed my 1 pound goal for the week.

This week, I'll shoot for another pound, I've I get more, that'll be lagniappe.

We all have our own food challenges, mine come from 9 letters. L O U I S I A N A. We take food to a whole 'nother level here. There's a season for everything. Right now it's carnival season. What that means is that Mardi Gras is right around the corner and the stores and bakeries are filling their shelves with fresh King Cake. I managed to go all last week without one. I'm not so sure I can make it another.

My goals will be short and sweet.

1) log every day
2) 100 oz of water per day
3) bottle of water before every meal
4) lose 1 pound

quinnesec 01-11-2016 02:41 AM

HEY!! =) Just for that, I'm going to remind you of how much you love rum cake and how very tasty it is!! lol

01gt4.6 01-11-2016 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 119617)
HEY!! =) Just for that, I'm going to remind you of how much you love rum cake and how very tasty it is!! lol

there goes a few pounds.:eek:

01gt4.6 01-11-2016 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 119614)
(It's 5 below zero, here not too far from Green Bay, with a windchill of -15. I'll have to walk indoors somewhere.)

:eek: I'd have to move. We had a cold snap, right now it's 46*.