Motivation 12/7/15-12/13, Greet the New Week: Hello New Week >

Motivation 12/7/15-12/13, Greet the New Week: Hello New Week

Community
Notices

Motivation 12/7/15-12/13, Greet the New Week: Hello New Week

Old 12-12-2015, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dschefer
Thank you Mike and Lisa--Mike, soon we may not be able to own guns anymore Tonight I've escaped to Starbucks while my daughter is in a Code-a-thon, so I can relax with my whole milk, no foam latte
Some may want that to happen but 2A defenders will never just bow down and submit.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Here's the deal. I'll weigh in tomorrow morning. I'll post up the horrific number and I'll give myself until my house is finished being bricked to lose 2 pounds. At the rate they are going, that'll give me less than a week.
Old 12-13-2015, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

I tipped the scale at 208.8
Old 12-13-2015, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

the weekend has gone to complete crap for me. I'll be paying for it all next week, and then some.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Lisa, did you sabotage yourself?
Old 12-13-2015, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

I have hit the wall. I am not eating treats or large helpings of food but my weight is up from last Monday and Friday. This is not good because I set a goal of a pound a week till the New Year Challenge is done. When others are eating and I am not they offer me a piece of their cookie and I have said no so many times. I am miserable.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I just let my guard down. I wasn't diligent and I frankly didn't care at the moment. Today I've had 2 hot dogs, 1/2 a tuna sandwich and about 1 cup of macaroni salad. Last night I had a big dinner from Panda Express (orange chicken and chow mein). And from Sara's birthday we had not only the cake I made, but also cupcakes and cookies from the bakery. I have no defense against sweets. One big victory though...NO regular soda all weekend! I've gone back to diet, and although I don't like it quite as much, it still satisfies that craving. How did your weekend go?

Libby, ugh, I know what it's like when people offer and you're trying to be firm and strong. It sucks watching people eat the things you also enjoy but can't have. I know you're really good at having one, or a taste, and being satisfied. Have you allowed yourself a taste?

I'm ready for a new week.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:38 PM
FitDay Member

Saturday night while my family had pop, christmas cake, chips and cheese and crackers I drank water and my weight was up this morning. GRRRRRR
Old 12-13-2015, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, I know how hard that is when you've done your best, and your weight backfires. Sometimes I notice it takes a day or two for my weight to fall. Any number of things can cause your weight to stay the same--water retention, hormones. It's so hard not to see results after we've been through so much...hang in there, I envy your self-discipline

Lisa, a day or two off is alright. It's so hard when family offers things. I have no willpower either against sweets. My two daughters begged to go to the bakery the other day, and I could not just get nothing when I was there with them. It's so hard.
I'm glad you enjoyed the birthday with your daughter. You had fun with her--she will remember it. And you won't pay for it for long. Give it a day or two and you'll be back where you were.

I'm having trouble staying on track as well. There is just so much good stuff around right now. My husband took the kids swimming this evening, and I am just so grateful to be on my own here at home for a while--you would not believe...
I was so happy that I made an apple pie for them, which I will not touch, by the way.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

I've been having an incredibly hard time staying on track.. I have not really lost any weight in 3-4 weeks.. It is so hard to stay away from TASTY food that is not the best for you.... I know I need to to it - but sometimes I just cannot...

It is hard to re-frame my perspective to looking at long tern health goals - where there is a bag of potato chips in the house......

I saw a neat saying the other day.. "This months choices is next months body". Wise choices are hard to make......