New here, new diet, fighting discouragement >

New here, new diet, fighting discouragement

Community
Notices

New here, new diet, fighting discouragement

Old 12-10-2015, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default New here, new diet, fighting discouragement

I just started this week...counting calories with the use of this site, working out 50min to an hour every day, bought a scale...thats where it hit me.
I checked the scale, and I weigh more now than I ever have in my life.
I keep expecting the pounds to melt away with all Im doing, but it seems they arnt....ITS ONLY BEEN 3 DAYS. Seriously....
I just feel discouraged. Im dissapointed in myself I let my weight climb like this. Coming from a family of obesity, Ive always watched myself closely, and in the past 3 months, Ive let myself go.
Im in a pit.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard. It can be daunting at first. How much water are you taking in?
Old 12-10-2015, 10:13 AM
FitDay Member

I have 3 20oz water bottles and 2 litre water bottles, and I refill them and drink them all daily. If I drink anything extra its unsweet tea with lemon...20 oz.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:15 AM
FitDay Member

Im 33 years old, 5'2" and weight is 150lbs. For years I kept at 115lbs.
Im just at the age my metabolism is changing and I dont want to let things slip out of control.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like you're getting plenty of water. Just be patient. It'll come.
Old 12-11-2015, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default aagh....

Im up 4lbs today. Horrible.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:01 PM
FitDay Member

Default Calorie Budget

What exactly is the calorie budget? Im thinking if I stay under this amount of calories, I will be moving towards my weight-loss goal. Is that correct?
Old 12-14-2015, 04:26 PM
FitDay Member

Default 1 week mark....

Lost an inch in my waste and an inch in my hips.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

I'd give anything to be at 150 pounds! That would be so much better than where I am now and certainly where I have been. Sounds like you're going in the right direction! Vicki
Old 12-17-2015, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default Results showing...

Viki,
I cant suggest things as Im not a doctor or nutritionist, but to share something Im doing with my mom...she recently started taking flax seed and chia seed daily to help her with her health, the flax increasing fiber (digestive health) and the chia helps regulate blood sugar (cravings and weight gain), along with MANY other benefits. She has dropped 40lbs from this alone. You may want to read up on it... Even Ive started adding it to my smoothies in the morning! Its good stuff!

Well, obesity runs in my family along with diabetes and heart problems. I know how easy it is to let your weight spiral out of control because Ive seen it.
I have never lost weight in a healthy way. In the past I kick off extra pounds by just not eating, and as Im understanding the bad aftermath that has on the bodies metabolism, Im doing it the right way this time.
Hopefully to sympathize with people starting out, I felt a bit discouraged at first, as you can see from my post, but I continued the calorie counting suggested by my weight goal, along with exercising 6x a week (I cycle for 50 min at a leisurely rate) and drinking plenty of water, and the pounds are coming off. I am seeing results...down from 153 to 146 as of today.
Im excited to see results, and feel good to know Im doing it the right and healthy way.
If your just starting out...push past the discouragement and you'll start seeing results!!!

Last edited by Gypseyeyes; 12-17-2015 at 01:31 AM.