Motivational thread 1/26-2/1 >

Motivational thread 1/26-2/1

Community
Notices

Motivational thread 1/26-2/1

Old 01-31-2015, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

Mike! I just checked out your progress pics. You look great!! Handsome too

I have been thinking about doing up some progress pics again. I really love them, they totally help motivate me.

What are everybody's favourite on-plan snacks?? I have been eating lots of apples & peanut butter, popcorn, and Snappea Crisps (sooo good), and cucumber... but wondering if there is anything creative and yummy to try

Oh, also, instead of ice-cream I mash up a spotty banana with a tsp of cocoa powder and freeze... come back later for a nice frozen treat

Last edited by paisleyjane; 01-31-2015 at 11:53 AM. Reason: grammar police
Old 01-31-2015, 12:35 PM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone - How has the weekend been going for everyone? I am little over today with going out to lunch with my Mom, but we are staying home tonight and I had a balanced dinner so not too bad all in all if I can stay out of the snacks tonight. Tomorrow may be another story, we have a potluck at the club for the game and it is not til 6:00 pm. I am bringing some salsa and chips so I can nibble on that but not sure if I should eat before I go and just have a light snack or if I should leave room to splurge a little.

Vicky - great job on the loss. It is tough when the loss slows down but it si going in the right direction!

Bea - thanks for the motivation. I will get there and I have to keep reminding myself of that.

Debbie - you also have such great inspirations. I was not happy with only 1 pound in the last two weeks but I will keep on going because I am feeling better so even though it may not show on the scale, I don't have heartburn or an upset stomach like I used to just a few weeks ago.

Annette - hope you can get walking. Those sound like good ideas.

And Mike- congrats on the 5 miles!

Lisa - I am struggling some too - want that scale to move a little faster - lol

Roxy - I bought pineapple salsa to take to the game with some tortilla chips.
It has only 15 calories in two tablespoons and I can have about 10 chips. I plan on nibbling on those for the game.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Our party was cancelled due to weather - we are really getting some snow here. We are just going to stay home. I can still have some of my salsa but won't have to worry about the temptations. lol
Old 02-01-2015, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
Mike, way to go! 5 miles? Wow!
thanks. I need to get back to doing long walks on a regular basis. Especially since I haven't been in the gym as much as I should be.

Originally Posted by rosabella2012
Mike: Great job on walking 5 miles! Way to go! Vicki
Thank you!
Originally Posted by paisleyjane
Mike! I just checked out your progress pics. You look great!! Handsome too

I have been thinking about doing up some progress pics again. I really love them, they totally help motivate me.

thanks! Unfortunately right now, I look more like my "before" than "after" pic. I'll get there though.

Originally Posted by LHall1965
Hey everyone - How has the weekend been going for everyone?

And Mike- congrats on the 5 miles!
Thank you!

I got in a good workout yesterday, at my property. I probably walked a mile or so at the property. Planted 6 trees. Lugged around several 5gal buckets of water, bags of soil and mulch. A lot of lifting, carrying, digging, etc.

It's starting to look good out there. So far, we've planted 29 trees and 6 blueberry bushes. The wooded area at the back of the property seems to be loaded with rabbits, squirrels, etc. we fed the wildlife some stale bread. So far so good, today will be a lazy day.

My food intake has been bad but I'll just have to tighten up before next weigh in.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Thank you!
thanks! Unfortunately right now, I look more like my "before" than "after" pic. I'll get there though.
Ah yes, me too. I am definitely not at my highest weight, but certainly have a bit of work to do to get back to goal. :ugh:

Happy Sunday all... I am having a mellow day. I'll ride the exercise bike because it's snowing outside (so glad I walked in the sunshine yesterday!)... and I think get that big pot of tea on, again. It seems to keep me away from the snacks.

Feeling good about my January losses, looking forward to doing it again in February!