Notices

Motivational Thread - Dec 1-7 Facing challenges

Old 12-01-2014, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Thread - Dec 1-7 Facing challenges

I'm going to admit it, I keep hoping someone posts this thread before I get up out on the west coast. I am a leader, but not a natural leader.
Anyway, here goes.

Facing our own personal challenges:

In the daily Weigh-ins, Libby expressed a hint that November had not gone as she had hoped. I know I feel that way. So let's start December on a high note and set goals that are within reach, yet challenging enough to urge us on to higher goals.

I walked 10.25 miles in 6 days last week, so this week I will aim for 5 days and a total of 8 miles this week.
I was reasonable at portioning, but lazy at preparing vegetables, so my focus is on vegetables this week. Getting the 5 serving minimum.
I struggle with the water in the cold weather, so I need to keep tabs on my 2L jug daily.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

Awesome job on the 10+ miles!!! Keep up the good work. Where is everyone???
Old 12-01-2014, 08:56 AM
Banned

Hi everybody!

one more holiday passed now 2 more coming up Christmas n NYE

I have to do better this week....going to NYC on Saturday for 5 days oh my
Old 12-01-2014, 03:06 PM
FitDay Member

I'm still among the living--though a little worn around the edges from having two very active grandsons for almost 2 weeks--a 4 yr old and an 8 yr old. Thanksgiving was spent with family and friends and food--much food! But I did good at times and stayed with foods on my plan and other times, I wasn't so good! Tonight was the first Christmas dinner of the season and I was able to bypass the dessert table but not the catfish--however, I was able to eat moderately there and nothing at home afterward either. In the morning, I will weigh and will plan my meals for the day. Thanksgiving was just one day and tonight is over. The rest of my life remains and I want to enjoy it without the baggage of extra weight! Vicki
Old 12-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Banned

Vicki, catfish sounds yummy...I luv some seafood
Old 12-02-2014, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

I believe I've never had catfish.

Walked my first 2.5 miles for the week. It was a lot easier than last week.
I had 2 small bottles water and then half the 2L jug. Still amounted to 2L.
Vegetables - I had a giant carrot (worst veg for me), peas and onions in a brown rice mix. In the end I fell short of 5 servings.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

Weight is down to 296.6 as of this morning--that means I LOST over the holiday! Very unusual for me to do but I'm so glad!

Annette: I drink a lot of water and sometimes I feel 'waterlogged'! Kudos on walking all those miles! How's the weather? Mild, sunny, light breeze here, around 72 or so. Vicki
Old 12-02-2014, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Losing over the holidays is a great accomplishment! It's not feeling like December lately.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:14 AM
FitDay Member

Below freezing. Yesterday it was -4C when I got home from my walk. I felt a little warm in all my layers so this morning I still layered, but I went for lighter layers, ending in a vest rather than a fleece hoodie. My gloves have the fingertips free so I can still use my fingers if I need to. Since I didn't have the hood, I wore a toque that my son left at my house.

Today was warmer at -2C. That would be about 28F. The sun was rising to the right of Mt. Baker, but there was little heat in it.

The rain starts again on Thursday. At least I hope it's rain and not snow. I might not want to walk as far in the rain.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

I love Tuesdays, but I really hate them at the same time.

I only planned on a short walk but I made the whole 2.5 miles. That means I have already surpassed the halfway point for my week. Only 3 miles left.

I had 3 small bottles water, so I was short on water for the day.

Vegetables - I am pretty sure that yam cookies and a soggy slice of lettuce and tomato don't count. The yam cookies were homemade, so low salt and low sugar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.