Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread starting 4/28/14, Spring is here, yes? >

Motivational Thread starting 4/28/14, Spring is here, yes?

Notices

Motivational Thread starting 4/28/14, Spring is here, yes?

Old 05-02-2014, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning fitday friends Well I didn't quite break the plateau, but I did manage to et down 2.4 lb. loss from last week's weigh which almost brings me back down to my lowest weight. Maybe next week!

Mike - Your wedding!?!?! Congratulations to you and your lady!!!

cheeky_cat - I quit smoking a pack a day 15 years ago! I too promptly gained 20+ lbs and have been trying to shake it ever since. I've lost it twice before but didn't maintain. Third times a charm right!?!!?

Libby - Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time Libby. Don't give up the good fight though...I know you can do this!

Jenai - That's awesome that you were able to try the workouts and that it helped you make a decision without regret! Those types of decisions are always the best

Have an awesome day buddies!
Old 05-02-2014, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,

I'm back in full swing again!
May we ll keep our focus and determination this month

There is some research that states it takes 21 days to break a bad habit and 21 days to turn something into a habit.

What are you up to for the next 21 days?

I will be drinking copious amounts of water and cutting back on coffee... no more than 3 per day.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning!!!

Glad it's friday for sure. I'm back and logging foods again, so happy about that this week.

Mike? I was wondering the same thing. Whose wedding? If yours then congrats!!!

Bea- 3 cups of coffee would be hard to break. I'm at 1-2 per day and can't imagine going down, lol.

Debbie- sounds like you are on your way to breaking through that plateau! Keep it going ;-)
Old 05-02-2014, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I wasn't sure that I would lose this week with out exercise but I did.
I hope that I can keep losing every week this month and start moving forward again.
Way to go Debbie, Mern, Mary, Tara, Bea and Aimeet.

Last edited by libby116; 05-02-2014 at 04:22 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Just got back from a wonderful semi-annual eye checkup. Glaucoma is under control again since changing from generic eye drops back to brand name and I don't need a new eyeglass prescription. It costs me an extra $44 every three months for the brand name drops, but that's a small price to pay for saving my eyesight. So I'm counting my blessings.

Mary, I'm glad you finally got some sunshine!

Aimee, kudos on logging your food again. I, too, am glad it's Friday!

Libby, kudos on your weight loss! I know how happy you must be about that!

Debbie, well done on all your accomplishments anyway. You're doing all you can and you'll come through like a champ when your body is ready. Big hug to ya!

Bea, I'm glad you're back in full swing. For the next 21 days I need to keep focused on getting in exercise 150 minutes a week however I can get it in. I don't lose weight without exercise, nor without drinking at least 48 oz. per day
Old 05-02-2014, 05:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
For Mike and your bride

Thanks Mern.

Originally Posted by Kumochi
The sun is shining!! In Ontario this spring that is an event. Hope everyone has a great weekend - especially Mike.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Good morning fitday friends Well I didn't quite break the plateau, but I did manage to et down 2.4 lb. loss from last week's weigh which almost brings me back down to my lowest weight. Maybe next week!

Mike - Your wedding!?!?! Congratulations to you and your lady!!!

cheeky_cat - I quit smoking a pack a day 15 years ago! I too promptly gained 20+ lbs and have been trying to shake it ever since. I've lost it twice before but didn't maintain. Third times a charm right!?!!?

Libby - Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time Libby. Don't give up the good fight though...I know you can do this!

Jenai - That's awesome that you were able to try the workouts and that it helped you make a decision without regret! Those types of decisions are always the best

Have an awesome day buddies!
Thank you.

Originally Posted by aimeet_1
Good morning!!!

Glad it's friday for sure. I'm back and logging foods again, so happy about that this week.

Mike? I was wondering the same thing. Whose wedding? If yours then congrats!!!

Bea- 3 cups of coffee would be hard to break. I'm at 1-2 per day and can't imagine going down, lol.

Debbie- sounds like you are on your way to breaking through that plateau! Keep it going ;-)
Yep, sure it. thanks!
Old 05-02-2014, 07:21 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all,
I was working yesterday when my back and hand seized up and so I have been down for the count. Ate out of frustration, report may not be so glowing. All I can say is Ouch.

And of course, congrats, Mike!!!

Last edited by canary52; 05-02-2014 at 07:28 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Plan food and stick to it - yes with reasonable adjustments, ate a bit more but resisted pizza; at more but mainly on plan been eating more than planned
2) Stretch every day - yes, yes, yes, yes
3) Drink more water - yes, yes, yes, yes
4) lose the fluffiness - 1 pound so I'm even lol, yes gained weight back
5) Try to get outside, even for a little bit - yes, yes, yes even with the crappy weather, yes
6) write -yes, YES, yes, yes
7) Meditate -yes, yes, yes briefly ( buying DH b-day present online)
8) Spanish - nada si, si no
9) Try to be positive - YES, yes, yes, yes
10) Do something for others, even just a phone call -yes, yes, yes, yes
11) walk or gym- walk, walk no walk
12) throw out at least 5 pieces of paper junk or get rid of 3 items every day- yes, yes, yes, yes
Old 05-02-2014, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

I ate last night--a giant amount of chicken. I was ravenous for it. I didn't weigh it as I just kept picking more and more, but it must have been at least 12 oz. I ended up right on target for calories for the day with just dinner with all that chicken, some Rice A Roni and a couple of my strawberry freezer treats. And some broccoli, but that's so little in calories, and I didn't weigh it so I left it off my log.

Weighed in a few minutes ago, and I was in at less than 250!!! Just barely at 249.8, but was so happy that middle digit was one lower! Feeling so happy about that!

Debbie, way to get back to your low weight!
Bea, looks like you've got a lot of motivation today. Keep it going!
Hope, I hope your back feels better.
Mike, congrats!
Libby, great job on the loss!
Mary, glad you're getting some sunshine.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

My calories were good today but no exercise.

Goals for the week
Exercise: starting with 10 min. M-15 min. T-5min. W-N T-N F-N
Calories: under 1200 M-Y T-Y W-Y T-N F-Y
More fruit and veg M-Y T-Y W-Y T-Y F-Y
Lose 1 pound

I lost more than a pound so I am happy happy happy.
Have a good week end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.