Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread March 17-March 23 >

Motivational Thread March 17-March 23

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread March 17-March 23

Old 03-19-2014, 02:26 PM
FitDay Member

Mary - I wish a protein shake would fill me up...then I wouldn't have to make my breakfast ahead of time for the work week. I'm glad to hear your friend is coping well. I can only imagine how long the time must be fore her. So good of you to be there for her and to go out for dinner to make it feel like a little vacay. I hope she continues to feel well enough to enjoy a dinner out. (((hugs))) to you both!

Mike - Sorry to hear your back is hurting! Not fun! I suffer from back issues from time to time so I can relate. Hope it resolves soon!

Jenn - As a woman that has two young children and a full time job, I can confirm that it is insane trying to fit in the time to take care of myself. However, I remember before I had the kids, it was an effort as well. Never seems like the perfect time to fit it all in...ya know!

I did well today....but then felt like I blew it a little this evening. Trying to find my groove right now.

'See' you all tomorrow!
Old 03-19-2014, 03:35 PM
FitDay Member

Mary, I'm sorry your friend is going through treatment, but I bet is really good for her spirit to have you there and for trying to make things as "normal" as possible. Wishing her a good recovery.

Debbie, I like your quote...I need to repeat that in my head and get it stuck there! Way to go on keeping your chin up and fighting through the rough patch.

Jenn, sorry to hear your mom is sick.

I had a big (for me) victory a little while ago. My son and I were going across town to pick up my daughter, and I knew we'd be stopping for a soda. I figured that into my calories for the day, and I am still within range. I tried adding in a chocolate dipped cone. Over on calories. Tried fitting in a regular cone with no chocolate. Still over on calories. Ok, so I couldn't have one. But when I got to the line my head kept saying things like, "It's just a few calories over. You really need this treat. You can make up the calories tomorrow." etc. etc. When I got to the squawk box though I did it...I avoided the ice cream! And it felt really good to win over the demanding urge. Now I am within my calories and I feel good about things for the day.

My vegetables today were a large salad with tomato, tons of lettuce and shredded carrots. Iceburg lettuce is not a very good green, but it was the best I could do today. I may still have strawberries tonight...we'll see.

I'm not doing that great on my goals. I'm not sure that having set specific goals is such a good thing for me. I mean, I know it's good to have goals, but I feel like if I don't do them then I am failing. And I'm not failing. I'm still doing really well. So I think I'm going to scratch the list and do the best I can each day. Some days will be better than others. But I will keep working toward my mini weight goals, like our Easter Challenge, and just try to keep improving in the areas of exercise, water, balanced diet, etc. My big thing that I want to do every day is to stay lower than 1400 calories. And for the most part I am doing really well with that.

Correction on my son's weight loss...he's lost 15 lbs now!!! It will be great when his leg is healed enough for him to go back to the gym. I really need the teamwork. It's so hard to get motivated on my own.

Keep at it everyone.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:48 PM
FitDay Member

I have not disappeared off the face of the earth btw. Just been really sick with a cold last several days. Haven't logged food or worked out. Feel like crap.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:34 PM
FitDay Member

Mary, best wishes at the hotel and for your friend undergoing radiation.

Libby, I'm rooting for you to lose 2 lbs. by April 2. Hey, you gave something new a try and it did work for a while. I guess your body was protesting. I tried the Stillman diet for a while--only meat and zero calorie beverages. At first the lbs. were melting away like crazy and without going off the diet, I started regaining. Maybe both you and I had finally sent our bodies into "starvation mode" where they started hanging onto every little calorie. Best wishes and huge hugs.

JenniferP, welcome--glad you joined us. Very nice goals!

Jenai, I went from one legitimate failure to lose excuse (water retention from too much sodium) to another. I did go off the high sodium processed luncheon meats to to low sodium turkey and roast beef with no nitrates or nitrites. But then I got off logging due to a days being jam-packed (not with JAM, but with duties. LOL) and I continued eating low carb and on-plan except that I think I'm eating excess calories, so I expect my weight loss was maintained or that I may be up a pound. Enjoy that new kitchen appliance! Kudos on the 250s! You've come a long way since January 9!!!!

Mike, thanks for starting my day out with a chuckle--"a$$ crack of dawn..." You're such a bad boy! LOL

Bea, Mike reminds me of my little brother who is in his 50s, bqt I think Mike is younger--in his 40s.

I haven't got time to read any more posts. Great-granddaughter will be here any minute. I'm babysitting 12 hours today. Granddaughter working a full shift and then, after they stop by to see the baby for a while, she and her husband are
going out for dinner to celebrate their anniversary. Tomorrow the baby will arrive about 5:30AM--UGH. BUT tomorrow is supposed to be 67 degrees and partly cloudy so I'm taking the baby to the park to ride in her stroller while I walk the track. She hasn't been in the stroller since she was a tiny infant who slept most of the day, so I'm looking forward to being the one who first introduces her to stroller rides.

Last edited by Mern; 03-20-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! Another day to make good decision and work towards our goals!

Mern - I think your post to me was meant for Libby...right? Enjoy your stroller exercise today! I wish it was nice enough to get out and enjoy the weather here...but it's raining. At least it's melting some of the snow! My husband bought us both new bikes this week...I can't wait to get out there and enjoy them!

Aimee - I was wondering where you were! Glad you haven't disappeared! Get rest and feel better...priority number one...logging food and working out can wait until you're up to it!

Jenai - I am so proud of you!!!! Great job shushing those thoughts in your head! That is soooo difficult to do! Also kudos on getting in so much veg yesterday! I know you struggle with that. With regards to setting weekly goals, I'm with you. I have been here for close to 6 months and only set weekly goals the past few weeks. I didn't set any this week because I decided to just do what I've been doing. Just being honest with myself and doing the best I can on a daily basis. Do what works for you!

Have an awesome first day of spring everyone!
Old 03-20-2014, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, yes, thanks for catching my error. I knew it was Libby who did Jump Start--I was just in a hurry and called her by the wrong name. Ask my grandkids--I look them right in the face and call them the wrong name. LOL

Won't get to the stroller exercise today--should be warm enough tomorrow.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Debbie, yes back issues suck. I have two bulging discs.

Mern, you are correct, I'm in my 40's, sometimes I still have to think about it and get my age wrong.

I went to the gym last night. My back was feeling good enough to do a leg workout. My arms are STILL killing me from my workout on Tuesday. So I've been to the gym 3 times so far. I plan on going again tomorrow at Dawn's ass crack.

I picked up a prime lens for my camera and took a couple test shots with it. Thumbnails are below. I think with a little practice I may like this new little lens.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I plan on going again tomorrow at Dawn's ass crack.
How am I supposed to go to the gym tomorrow (at Dawn's ass crack) without giggling?! lol
I sure hope I don't meet a Dawn there, or I will not be able to suppress the giggles...... well at least not until I start sweating!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by simplybea
How am I supposed to go to the gym tomorrow (at Dawn's ass crack) without giggling?! lol
I sure hope I don't meet a Dawn there, or I will not be able to suppress the giggles...... well at least not until I start sweating!
I'm sure if she's there, she'll have her ass crack with her.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'm sure if she's there, she'll have her ass crack with her.
funny boy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.