Notices

Bread alternatives

Old 04-18-2013, 08:53 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Bread alternatives

I am trying to eliminate all bread for the short term. I use celery to dip into Hummus and salsa but I am trying to think of other foods to dip.

Thanks
Bob
Old 04-19-2013, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Lots of vegetables can be used to dip: carrot sticks or planks, halved mushrooms, zucchini or yellow squash rounds, radishes, broccoli, cauliflower. Or you can spread dip/hummus or tuna salad on a lettuce leaf and roll it up.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

I like to slice tomato and put a touch of tuna salad on each slice and eat that. No bread required.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:52 PM
FitDay Member

Unsalted pop corn can be fun for dipping or munching! I put cucumbers on almost everything, slice them the long way and make a sweet sandwich sub!
Old 06-28-2013, 03:46 PM
FitDay Member

Default grainless bread

Have you ever thought of using grainless bread, also known as paleo bread... They use either coconut or almonds to make it, and has 6 carbohydrates and 5 grams of fiber per slice. I love using this bread, there is no yeast, and no grains. Its high in fiber and protein and very versatile. I usually get mine from Hy-Vee grocery stores, but you can also buy it from their website at Julianbakery.com .
Old 08-02-2013, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

You can use lots of vegetable in dip, or use only tomatto.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:08 AM
FitDay Member

I dip raw or frozen green beans into ranch dressing. I also dip lean, leftover cold meat such as skinless chicken breast.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Low carb bread

Originally Posted by bobhitching
I am trying to eliminate all bread for the short term. I use celery to dip into Hummus and salsa but I am trying to think of other foods to dip.

Thanks
Bob
It depends on why you are eliminating bread , I am avoiding 'bad' carbs so use low or no carb bread. Use Portobello mushroom as a bread substitute for hamburgers and English muffin substitute under poached egg. So far so good.
Low carb bread must be kept refrigerated.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:30 PM
FitDay Member

You can utilize lots of vegetable in dip.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

"Have you ever thought of using grainless bread, also known as paleo bread... They use either coconut or almonds to make it, and has 6 carbohydrates and 5 grams of fiber per slice. I love using this bread, there is no yeast, and no grains. Its high in fiber and protein and very versatile. I usually get mine from Hy-Vee grocery stores, but you can also buy it from their website at Julianbakery.com

I'm so excited about this! I was just informed that I'm borderline diabetic and I've been trying really hard to cut carbs as much as possible. I'm trying to go semi-paleo (I can't quit dairy) and I'm having a hard time figuring how to eliminate bread. Not only do I have a store in my area that sells this, but it's a small company in Julian (San Diego County, CA) near where I grew up!

Last edited by ecoberry1; 10-25-2013 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Didn't quote the original comment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.