FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Food talk (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/)
-   -   Everything Protein Powder (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/183-everything-protein-powder.html)

zyxst 01-26-2012 04:50 AM

Small whey powder container size?

I've been searching for the past week to find small containers of whey powder. The smallest I've found is 2 lb canister for $37. Does it come in something like a sample size of a few ounces?

VitoVino 01-26-2012 05:08 AM

I've never seen whey sold in that small of a size.

You're best bet is to just go ahead and buy 'Body Fortress' Whey protein, sold at Walmart for about $16. It comes in vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry. It mixes well and tastes great.

VitoVino 01-26-2012 05:21 AM

Whoops, sorry, just noticed you're in Canada. :p

Well, you can always buy online if it's not local:

Walmart Canada Online - Save Money, Live Better

cjohnson728 01-27-2012 12:14 AM

Not sure about where you are, but some of the nutrition/health food stores around here have sample sizes.

Ilovegreg05! 02-05-2012 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by zyxst (Post 70218)
I've been searching for the past week to find small containers of whey powder. The smallest I've found is 2 lb canister for $37. Does it come in something like a sample size of a few ounces?

Search on amazon for this: 1lb Optimum Nutrition whey

01gt4.6 02-05-2012 10:00 AM

I get 2 pounds for $19.99 from muscleandstrength

dar n 02-05-2012 04:52 PM

I can get kaizen natural whey protein in choco, vanilla and strawberry in single serve pouches at save on foods and superstore that is about the only small ones I have ever seen.

zyxst 02-09-2012 11:38 PM

Out grocery shopping yesterday at Dominion and found President's Choice whey protein in a 45g packet. Only 2 flavors - chocolate and vanilla. Basic nutrition: 170 Cal, 1g fat, 3 carbs and 37 protein. I tried mixing it with milk and it wouldn't very well; even poured it in a shakeable container to shake and still had chunks in it. It tasted fine, but the unmixed bits were nasty.

I took over hubby's computer to update this for anyone else looking.

Funkilla 03-05-2012 02:22 PM

Does anyone know if BF has egg protein in it? I've avoided protein shakes because I'm allergic to a particular egg protein and always cautious about anything that supplements protein. My old gym closed down due to bankruptcy, and since I've become very lazy. Going back with a new gym membership, looking to lose my winter weight.

turbobuyer 04-12-2019 06:18 AM

Hi Everyone. I'm new to the protein game and I'm not sure what direction to go. I only want to lose a few lbs and then maintain that weight. I'm also not sure if I should skip a meal when I take a shake. Also what shake should I consider. I go the the gym 3 days a week and walk as well.

Does anyone have any other recommendations?