Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
What is your favorite Exercise to burn calories? >

What is your favorite Exercise to burn calories?

Notices

What is your favorite Exercise to burn calories?

Old 04-24-2011, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default What is your favorite Exercise to burn calories?

Mine is hockey. 2 hours of hard skating burns 1200 calories. Not to mention great cardio. I try to do this a couple times a week, Unless work gets in the way that is.

What is your favorite way to burn calories? and how many calories do you burn?
Old 04-24-2011, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

I love hockey!

Blading. I usually do 12 miles but I never figured out how many cals I really burn. Supposedly I burn about 600/700 an hour so I usually just count the 12 miles as 700 total cals burned even if it takes 1&1/2 hours.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Cross country skiing

But I don't get to do it very often.

It is such a great way to get outdoors in the winter. It burns a ton of calories, it is hard to seriously injure yourself, and really doesn't take that much skill to learn

Next best... running
Old 07-27-2011, 03:15 PM
FitDay Member

Default Mountain Biking...

... on a rails to trails path with a high cadence. It's quiet and I can take in the fresh air without nearby car exhaust, plus I'm often shaded by the trees nearby. I enjoy running as well but in the summer heat and intense humidity of Carolina, biking is the most fun for me. Plus it's lower impact on the joints, unlike running.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:28 PM
FitDay Member

Running, then biking
Old 07-28-2011, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

In winter cross country skiing; in summer kayaking or biking and even golfing burns calories. The nice thing about these enjoyable activities is even if it's not a high calorie burn you spend longer doing them and get a good total calorie count. Mary
Old 07-28-2011, 12:06 AM
FitDay Member

Running, on a beautiful morning, in a lovely place! Never have enough time to really go at it forever, but I would love to!

Second is, running on a dreadmill (thanks for the word Pam), while watching a fun basketball game played on the court below.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:00 AM
Super Moderator

I have started running more days but less miles because of the temps. The realfeel was 113 on one of my runs I ran a few days ago. No shade where I was running and it felt like I was breathing through cotton balls because the humidity was so heavy. I have cut those runs down to 30 minutes since they wear me out.

I hate the dreadmill! I gave mine away because it limited my stride and and wasn't fun.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:13 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Second is, running on a dreadmill (thanks for the word Pam), while watching a fun basketball game played on the court below.
Must give credit where credit is due: Actually Amy (almeeker) came up with "dreadmill"

In summer, of all the many activities I love the one I really enjoy the most is hiking. I can walk forever it seems and the hillier the trail the better. I run trails just because my time is limited (well it has other benefits too) but if I was limited to only one exercise it would be unlimited time to hike trails.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hockey was also my favorite for many years, but the late night games got to be too much. I have recently taken up Kettlebells. This is by far the most effective fat burning tool I have ever come across. Incredible workout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.