Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10 >

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Community

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Old 07-20-2010, 10:30 PM
FitDay Member

I'm going to second that WOW on the 75 miles. You go girl, and go and go and go... So awesome!

I did not do very well last week. AF is visiting and she just won't pack up all her stuff and move on to her next vic. So with her here unfortunately I'm eating waaayyyy too much, all pretty much healthy stuff just too much of it. Anyway, I'm down, but it's a pathetic down of .2 pounds. But I guess that is better than up. I've done well so far on M-T getting in my workout, and today I'm taking the kids to the fair, so I'll spend most of the day walking around pushing a stroller, which is a surprisingly good workout, especially when there isn't any pavement. We're traveling to the in-laws tonight, so tomorrow instead of my usual elliptical routine, I'll go for a nice long walk in their neighborhood, provided the weather cooperates.

So my goals for the rest of the week are to get in a cardio workout W-S, take Sunday off and get control of the calories again. Geez, yesterday was BAD.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:28 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning all.

*cough* It's Wed 21st July*cough*

I decided to join in and share my failures and successes

I hit 225 this morning on the scale which is a 4lb loss since Wednesday last week but it is not a true weight loss because i don't seem to constantly lose weight at an even pace. Week to week my weight can swing up and down by 10 lbs but the high seems to be less high and the low gets a little lower but it will be interesting to actually track it each Wednesday, which is something I haven't done yet.

I changed up my daily workout this week, well yesterday to be honest and man did it kick my arse, trying to move around with some sore muscles this morning which is the first time since i started, guess that's what i guess for pushing myself through single leg box squats
Old 07-20-2010, 11:34 PM
FitDay Member

Molly sue- that is great! i aspire to be able to do that- but i need a bike first. i have been in the market for one for awhile..but ouch they are pricey! congrats!

Nessa- keep to your work out plan and eating healhy- i have faith that water will leave and you will make your goal!

almeeeker- af= diet devil.

for my checking; i was 209.5 i am now 207.8= 1.7lbs lost. i will certainly take that. i have been faithfully working on my couch-2-5k program and heating around 1300 calories. i'm really proud of myself- i have ben running around 6 minutes so far 3 times a week..and that is crazy to me! i also have been experiancing some pain in my shins..i need some new shoes

i just wanted to let all of you know that you inspired me yesterday- i ate some ice cream and brownies and then i told myself "kaitlin you check in tmr.." and it pushed me to do a second workout for the day. Thank you all.

Bring on next wednesday, i know we will have some great results!

xo, Kaitlin
Old 07-20-2010, 11:37 PM
FitDay Member

ukja, i find when i wake up sore in the morning is when i feel the best about my work out- it means i worked myself harder than before!
welcome to the group!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:49 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning, Everyone!

Molly 75 miles?! WHOA!!!!! That is amazing! You rock.

Nessasonic, a loss is a loss. Way to go! How much have you lost so far?

Almeeker, you are still my idol. I think you can afford to take a week off while AF is in town wreaking havoc on your appetite. You have done so amazingly well. I can only imagine how good it feels to have lost 88 pounds. CONGRATS!!

As for me, I had a pretty good week although I had a MAJOR cheat day last Thursday night when I went out to my friend's birthday party and had a sizeable dinner, drank at least 4 glasses of Rosé and followed it up with a red velvet cupcake for dessert. I realize that I am totally powerless over red velvet anything. It's my absolute favorite! The next day, I felt pretty guilty about all this debauchery while I was all headachey and hungover but I dusted myself off and got right back on the horse. I figured, the transgression was worth it since I had so much fun and hadn't let loose like that in a very very long time.

On the fitness front, yesterday, I ran for 31 minutes continuously! I can hardly believe it. Just 8 weeks ago I couldn't run for more than 3 minutes and now I feel like a total jock! Woohoo! The running has been my greatest accomplishment!

I got on the scale this morning and am down another pound... I was hoping for more because of all the exercise but I'll take it. I am so close to having lost 10 pounds now. This next week I am going to blast through that 10-pound mark and really push myself to lose more than one measley pound in a week! Wish me luck, my fellow Wed Clubbers and have an awesome day!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 07-20-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
ukja, i find when i wake up sore in the morning is when i feel the best about my work out- it means i worked myself harder than before!
welcome to the group!
It's a refreshing wake up call to how lax I had been getting on my strength training, I had gotten into a groove and was just knocking out the different sets for an hour without really pushing myself. My cardio has been easier to push, turn the speed up .1 and there is a whole new level of pain to wake you up.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:48 AM
FitDay Member

Ukja, welcome to the group and congratulations on your weight loss so far! Wow, I am totally impressed!

Kaitlin, I'm so happy to hear that you were inspired by our check in. I find it really motivating too. I think it is so great that we all can count on each other for inspiration, motivation and even just to let off some steam if we have to. I'm also happy to hear that you are keeping up with the c25k. You should definitely get new running shoes if you have shin pain. I highly recommend Asics. I have flat feet and I wear the Asics Gel Kayano and have no pain at all! They're pricey but they are so worth every penny. Anwyay, congrats on your success!
Old 07-21-2010, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default slowed pace

Well everyone I am glad to hear you are all doing great things with traveling 75 miles on a bike and being able to run farther and faster than you were able to a few weeks ago.

Sadly for me this week I have been VERY relax with my normal 2-3 workouts a day. So far this week I have only been able to run in the mornings and it looks like the rest of this week is going to be the same. Running helps me but my body is already used to the running (being a Marine and all). But something is better than nothing. I am still being careful of what I eat and I am hopeful that I will of maintained or if lucky lost a pound by friday.

You all inspire me to get back on the horse when I fall off and I will keep at it until I have reached my goal and I am never satisfied.

Thanks for the support
Frank
Old 07-21-2010, 12:13 PM
FitDay Member

Default Back on the wagon...

Hi everyone. I am hoping to to be welcomed into this group, as I need some sort of comittment in order to stay motivated. Here's my story. I am 24 years old and decided earlier this year that I needed to become healthier. (And of course, looking better wouldn't be the worse thing thats happened) So in February I joined the local gym with a starting weight of 184. Last I weighed in was July 20th at 163. It seems to be a slow process, but I have noticed some difference, and so have others. Which is encouraging... until it is time to go to the gym, and I am SO tired... So I tell my self anyways. Hopefully having this forum I will be able to work a little harder. Looking forward to posting smaller numbers each week. Thanks!

Mallory
Starting Weight:184
Current Weight: 163
Goal Weight: 140
Old 07-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Great job to everyone; if not on a loss, then at least on attitude!

Am starting vacation today and hoping to stay strong. Will start by visiting the House of Schizophrenic Food (my mom, the junk food junkie, and my sister, who's very health conscious) live together, and then the beach and all the old, bad favorites.

Hoping to strike a balance between making good choices and indulging a bit to honor traditions. Just finished logging all the road food; getting ready to hit the hotel fitness center. Why do hotels have to be so homey and put freshly baked cookies in the lobby? Grr...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.