Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10 >

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Community
Notices

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Old 07-21-2010, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

Frank, so glad that you feel supported by the Wed Club. Don't be hard on yourself though. You have been doing so amazing and doing more exercise than I could ever dream of fitting into one day. It's only natural that you will have more relaxed phases too. Remember this is a lifestyle change so it is only natural for the cycles to ebb and flow. Keep up the amazing attitude and thanks for being so supportive yourself!

Mallory, welcome to the club! We're thrilled to have you. Wow, you are already doing so well. Congratulations on your success!

Cassie, I hope you have an awesome vacation! If you have any tips to share please do. I am very nervous about my upcoming holiday in Italy, the eating capitol of the world. I'll be there for 16 days and I am thinking I should go with a game plan. If anyone comes up with a good one, I know it will be you! Have a great time!!
Old 07-21-2010, 10:14 PM
FitDay Member

mtlgl- this morning I weighed in at 190lbs, so i've officially lost 45lbs so far! I can't wait for that 50lb mark because it'll mean I'm no longer "obese".

As for vacation- indulge but don't binge. Seek out veggie filled dishes, and walk/exercise every chance you get! also- don't stress out! enjoy it! That's what vacations are for- relaxation not worrying or self-sabotage.

almeeker- you're doing so awesome! how much do you exercise a day? I'm thinking I should add on time to kick it up a notch...next week. LOL.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:13 PM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks Nessasonic!

Nessasonic, thanks for the advice. I will definitely try to keep as active as I can while on vacation and eat as sensibly as I can. Of course it's harder when you aren't in your own town surrounded by all your familiar food sources, and I won't have access to Fitday every day, but I am hopeful that I'll manage!

As for your weight loss, CONGRATULATIONS!!! How awesome is that? I am totally impressed and I really can't wait to accomplish that myself! I have to weigh 169 before I get out of the obese category and I know it will be a glorious day when I reach that goal. You must be very proud of yourself!
Old 07-22-2010, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

congrats nessa!

and welcome to the new comers i am a recently new add on the this forum as well- and it has helped me greatly.

Can not wait to read from you all next week.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Wow, Rose, what a great trip! I hope you thoroughly enjoy it! I would add one suggestion to Nessasonic's good advice and that would be to spread out your indulgences on different days and look at your eating plan over the whole two weeks, not any one day. You could then decide how to best compensate if you feel you need to and you always know you have something to look forward to on the next day so you don't feel you have to stuff everything in all at once on a cheat day (yep, been there, done that...about a hundred times). Also, just remember it's okay to just have a few bites (most of us have been conditioned to join the clean plate club) and not to let yourself get too hungry. You'll do great

Well, I did get in a 40 min. workout at the hotel gym. I tried an elliptical for the first time last night. Not knowing anything about it, I didn't really know how to log it in. I was doing about 70 rpms but I don't know if that's good, bad, or indifferent.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, good for you for working at at the hotel gym! I think 70 rpms is great! I'm no expert but it sounds really good to me

Thanks so much for the great advice. I am travelling with my girlfriend who has never been to Italy so it will great to see the country with her. We are visiting many cities: Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan and Bologna. I'm very excited. One of the hotels where we are staying has free bike rentals but none of the hotels has a gym because we opted for little B&B's (way less expensive and very charming.)

I definitely feel better going in with a plan and spreading the indulgences is a great idea. Thanks again!
Old 07-27-2010, 07:46 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 7/29/2010

Good morning, Wed Club!

What have you got this week?
Old 07-27-2010, 11:38 PM
FitDay Member

Default Yes!

Good morning, Everyone! Hope you all had a great week.

This week, I was determined to lose more than 1 pound so I got even more active. In addition to my regular workouts I added 2 extra power walks, an extra 30 Day Shred workout and a bike ride. It wasn't anything major but my plan worked and I dropped 2 whole pounds this week! I am only 1 pound from my mini goal of weighing 185 by August 10th so I am thinking I might reach my goal early. Of course, I am really happy about this!

I am thinking that I want to lose 10 pounds in the next 6 weeks because I am leaving for a vacation in Italy at that time. On the other hand, I don't know if I should set such a lofty goal for myself. I don't seem to lose weight quickly so it might be hard and if I don't make it, will I be setting myself up for a disappointment just before I go on holiday?

While in Italy, my goal is to exercise whenever I can, walk a ton, just stay very active and eat 3 meals a day without going overboard but enjoying everything I eat. I don't want to be thinking, "I am fat, I shouldn't eat this," while I am on this vacation. I want to be able to savor the moments and the food without feeling bad or guilty and let myself enjoy the experiences. In brief, I want to vacation like a thin person! I hope I can.

These are the thoughts swirling through my head these days. I'm looking forward to hearing about each of your weeks, Wed Club members.

Last edited by mtlgirl; 07-28-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:17 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats rose!

Sadly, my weight has been all over the place. Last week at weigh in i was 207.6 . Since that time i have ranged from 207-210! It has been crazy. I am currently weighing in as the same as last week at 207.6 which i am not excited about but content with. I guess i need to pump up my workouts even more! Rose you gave me some good ideas!

Also: C25K- i am currnetly running almost 8 minutes...i am currently only supposed to be running 6!! I am so proud of myself! I have never done anything like this.

Next week goal- down 2lbs. and one more minute of running added.

Over and out fellow forum goers!
Old 07-28-2010, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

I did well the past week, sorted out my new exercise routine and gave it a whirl on Sunday and it just felt so "blah" for some reason, the squats and lunges just didn't do it for me

I took the plunge on Monday and did the Insanity Fitness test again, I did it once before and failed it so miserably that I just shelved the course as being to hard, so much jumping invloved and I didn't have the leg strength to jump.

Well I made my way through the test, couldn't do the switch kicks very well but I did them at least, they seemed to be the hardest exercise for me due to lack of strength and jumping, I mean really, I haven't jumped/ ran anywhere for 20 years and that has been my training problem I think, I've built some strength but I have no explosive jumping ability so I hope that if I stick to the Insanity program it will develop some explosive strength and give me a good fat burning workout as well.

I did the Plyometric cardio yesterday and boy did that shit kick me to the curb the cardio was great, got my heart rate to 170 at points but it was the muscle burn that had me pulling pain faces and grunting, a lot of fun to be honest I have the power cardio and resistance today so that should be fun.

I still did my incline walking after the insanity stuff, I still want to carry on my 90-120 minute workouts that I have been doing for months now, I feel that it will be cheating to just do Insanity and not the walking, Insanity cardio wise is about as hard as my previous workout but the constant pressure of the workout was harder that what I was doing with a lot more jumping.

So i'll be following the insanity workout + incline walking daily for the the next 60 days.

I also increase my calorie intake by 600. I think (I could be wrong) that I have not been eating enough, which is why my weight is so up and down. Going to try it out for a few weeks and see how the weight goes and if it goes up or down. I was eating 2000 average calories a day but working out 90-120 minutes a day burning at about 1000 calories which I think has been too little to sustain me in a healthy way. So I will try eating 2600 calories a day and just watch my weight to see what it does and go from there. At 225 lb I feel good and look better so my priorities at the moment have switch from weight loss obsession to health and eating right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.