Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Default Good Diet

Drink water as much as you can.
Green tea.
Green vegetables.
Salad, fruit, juice.
harveysmith27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Hi, i am new i am about 5'7 and my weight is 138lbs .I just go to the gym and use the olyptical for an hour or more i am not fat but i could afford to lose some weight off my stomach sides i was wondering what else i can do to speed up this process. I understand diet is a big part, i try to eat healthy proteins, vitamins, minerals and regularly everyday, but i am wondering what type of cardio works is the best for lose weight rapidly.

If any one know [how to lose love handles fast and easy please suggest few tips?

Last edited by Kathy13118; 03-22-2014 at 01:43 PM. Reason: link to website
Kristaincarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Eating balanced diet is the key to take nutrition. You should go with it. You should try to drink plenty of water, take fresh fruits and green vegetables. These all are very helpful.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
FitDay Member

It sounds like you already know how to lose weight. The question is how to not lose so much muscle. You need to eat protein with every meal and it's better if your snacks are a quality protein too. IE a handful of nuts, a hardboiled egg, some peanut butter, or I make sugar free baked treats with chocolate protein powder (no flour-see youtube), sf jello with protein powder as my snack before bed if I need one. There's lots of ways to incorporate more protein into your diet.
Also, try adding more weight bearing moves to your routine. Squats, pushups, planks don't require equipment. Weight bearing moves should follow your cardio routine. I usually do and hour of cardio followed by 1/2 resistance training. The less fat you have on your body the more your muscles will pop too, you'll see more immediate reward for your hard work. Muscle burns more calories at a resting rate so your metabolism will speed up far more than when you're only doing cardio. All the best, keep up the good work!
charlie's_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Hi Lisa,
Stick with your aerobic workouts and do aerobic exercises 5/6 times a week to lose 6 kg. Eat vegetables and fruits more in your meal plans and drink more water than routine to loose weight and body fat. Do not eat shortly before going to bed and avoid skipping meals.
Old Yesterday, 05:34 AM   #16 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Default no to sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisav31 View Post
Hi,

I am new to this site, just joined today

I have been on my weight loss journey for a while now and have lost 22kg in total but now just have 6kg to go.

What i realised this week is that even though i am so close to my goal weight i am still holding ALOT of body fat (33%)!

So my question is "what is the best diet i can do to loose body fat?"

I do aerobic cardio about 4 times a week for atleat an hour each time and some weights, is this enough?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Cheers,
Lisa
Hi Lisa,

Avoid food that are high in sugar and continue to exercise.

Kato
katosimpson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diets, fat, fat loss, lose body fat