Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
My FAVORITE Diet >

My FAVORITE Diet

Community
Notices

My FAVORITE Diet

Old 03-12-2010, 11:15 AM
FitDay Member

one of my favorites is Sloppy Joes but w/ lentils instead of the ground beef. So good!
Old 03-16-2010, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Question Textured Vegetable Protein

Hi
staying on the same topic can anyone here give me any TVP recipes?
I am on my way out to pick up some at the grocery store and I am going to try it tonight in my tomato sauce.
Is there any special way of preparing I should be aware of ?
Thanks for your time.
Late note as long as I have been eating vegetarian I have not tried TVP
no one said I was the brightest bulb in the room (LOL)
Old 05-09-2012, 11:22 PM
FitDay Member

vegetarian diet help us to stay healthy and prevent health problems, such as cardiovascular disease. A well-planned vegetarian diet is a healthy way to meet our nutritional needs. Vegetarian diet also help to improve our xxx. So one must start eating vegetarian food to be healthy.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 05-10-2012 at 06:35 AM. Reason: link removed
Old 05-24-2012, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

I was a vegetarian for 7 years before I finally gave it up to go vegan almost two weeks ago. Definitely the best decision I ever made. I love cooking meals and trying all the new things that I just never thought to before.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

Different strokes.

Growing up in an Indian family meant mostly vegetarian fare growing up, but I felt better after I started incorporating more meat into my diet, and greatly reducing or eliminating most grain products.

Just goes to show that there's no one-size-fits-all in dietary needs.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:48 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken
Different strokes.

Growing up in an Indian family meant mostly vegetarian fare growing up, but I felt better after I started incorporating more meat into my diet, and greatly reducing or eliminating most grain products.

Just goes to show that there's no one-size-fits-all in dietary needs.

Ahhh, now I see where "tandoori" comes from .

Me? I'll eat pretty much anything, but I definitely seem to do better with a fair bit of meat in my diet. Plus, although I love cooking (as does DH) we do tend to keep it simple, a roast chicken with grilled veggies... that sort of thing.

Both of us have been vegetarians at some point in our lives and both of us reverted in large part because of the difficulty in planning meals that met nutritional needs. Especially as fulltime working students in the 1980's. There just weren't that many choice for a quick bite to eat back then.