Community
Notices

Dukan diet

Old 06-03-2011, 04:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by vlaboy19
Hello.
I sarted the dukan diet 3 days ago and was wonderig if non fat cheese is ok?

Thanks for all your help and i wish you all great success!
You may have non-fat dairy and FF Cheese would fall into that....just make sure there is no added sugar.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:16 PM
FitDay Member

I started Dukan Diet --I feel full but weight loss is slow
Old 06-07-2011, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jhkoenig
For those who are interested in the Dukan diet but haven't seem much about it, here is a pretty complete overview. What do you think?
Eating no vegetables for up to ten days is ridiculous.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:55 PM
FitDay Member

Start this diet and I don't feel hungry. Lost about 4 lbs but I have been at a stand still for over a week. I don't feel like quiting just would like to see some results
Terry
Old 06-07-2011, 02:07 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by trishwalker
Day 19 and feeling really great. I have lost 12 pounds since May 9, 2011 and am on the phase 2 of the diet. The attack phase 1 lasted 7 days for me and was a little difficult finding different foods to eat but not too bad. The first day of phase 2, I was able to eat vegetables and it got much easier to stick to the routine of one day pure protein, the next day protein and veggies. There are over 100 foods on the list that you can eat so it should not get boring at all. There are many recipies on the web for low fat, low carb ways to cook the food too. I thought it would be really difficult to not use oil to cook the food in but it seems to be working. Dropped another pound yesterday. I have started to drink a Whey Protein shake in the morning which supplies only 150 calories and 35 grams of protein. That packs a big protein punch and fills you up so that you are not hungry too. Good luck to everyone.
Sounds like you are really doing great.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I have been on Dukan since April 11 this year and completed the Attack no problem as eating chicken, fish, yogourt, ground beef, yogourt, eggs, oat bran toast works for me. That was only for 3-5 days. I actually went about 6 days but now am on Cruise and so can have veggies and desserts made with lite cream cheese, eggs and yogourt and some of the recipes are really good. Jello is a great snack also. I find it is a really good food plan as you are eating protein and veg and in a month I will be at my goal and can add fruit and some pasta which I never ate in large quantities anyway. I think it is balanced and cuts out all the stuff we don't need. Less rum and O.J. and less muffins etc... We have muffins that are good. I have lost 15 lbs now and need to loose 5 more then I will be very happy.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:24 PM
FitDay Member

I am on day three of Attack and have lost 5 lbs. in two days. I know I can't keep losing at this speed, but for now it's nice seeing the scale move in the right direction for a change. I have about 25 more lbs to lose so I can get from 164 to 135. I am looking forward to getting to the Cruise phase so I can eat a salad again.
I think 3 things make this diet work:
  • Eating tons of protein curbs hunger.
  • Drinking tons of water prevents water retention (weird, huh?).
  • Walking 20 min. a day is managable
Old 07-20-2011, 04:06 PM
FitDay Member

Default Dukan diet...confused

hi all- i am going on my second week of the dukan diet. during my 3 day attack phase i lost 2lbs but i also got my period on the same day that i started the diet, im thinking i wouldve lost it anyway after my cycle was done. i do work out everyday 40 min power circuit training and running a mile or so on top of that. since the 2lb loss my scale has no moved at all..what am i doing wrong?? i've been on the cruise phase for 8 days no, i admit i did cheat today but still kept my calories around 1500. i usually only take in on average 800 to 900 calories since i started the diet, im only 4ft 11' and weigh 115.08 lbs as of today so i don't know if my intake is too low. i eat all day long but it is usually all protein and im not hungry ever, i only cheated to get my calories up today to see if i can get my metabolism moving. any thoughts or idea are greatly appreciated. I am trying to get to my goal of 105lbs
Old 07-26-2011, 05:08 PM
FitDay Member

I did the Dukan diet for about 10days and felt like absolute crap!!! Way too much protein and no veges nearly did my head in!! I really felt it was an unnatural way to eat. I lost about 2 kilos but it soon came back on again. I have never felt so ill on a diet before and just really am only starting to enjoy protein again now!!! The only diet I find is managable for me is the alternate day diet. Good luck all that attempt dukan.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:49 PM
FitDay Member

Default So far so good

Started dukan two days ago. Lost 4.6 pounds first day, 1.4 second day. I don't love eating so much meat, and I don't have a lot of time to make interesting things, but I have never been hungry, in fact have to force myself to eat the oat bran, but I do because its essential. So far I have just made it with water as cereal and added stevia. It's fine, tastes like oatmeal with a finer grind. Actually, I guess it's a relief after so much meat, but I just have to force myself to eat it because I'm not hungry. Drinking lots of water as advised. Looking forward to veggies this weekend, trying to figure out if I'm going to do 3/3 or 1/1. I could never do 5/5. The only reason I've been able to deal with attack is by eating a lot of seafood, as I'm not a meat lover. Scallops, shrimp, and mussels have been my saving graces. Mussels today were great with just lemon juice, garlic, and a little salt added to the mussel broth. With such strong flavors, I didn't feel deprived.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.