Notices

Dukan diet

Old 06-06-2010, 08:00 PM
FitDay Member

Default Dukan diet

Starting my Dukan journey today! Low fat and carbs, high proteins! Wish me luck!
Old 06-07-2010, 04:39 AM
FitDay Member

Just looked up the website, as I didn't know what it was, and it looks really interesting, so good luck!

All I can say in advice though is get your kidney function checked by a doctor. If you're clear, a week or so of high protein (as long as you're getting all your vitamins/minerals) won't damage your health in any way. But if you do have undiagnosed kidney problems then Dukan might cause bigger problems later on.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all4eternity,

Like Nik, I also had never heard of the Dukan diet so I too looked it up. I liked what I read in a few of the blogs. Let me know how it's going. I'm looking for something new to "jump start" the loss again, and this might be it.

Please keep me posted on how you are doing. And good luck.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:44 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

thank you all for support! Yesterday was my first day and actualy went really well! NO cravings at all and I wasn't hungry! Prepared for today: chicken breast, cottage cheese, low fat yogurt with tbsp of flax seeds and egg whites!
I'll try to workout 6 days a weeek.
Yesterday: Get extremely ripped by Jari Love (she's insane but I LOVE her, amazing workout)
Today: Fat burn challenge from Chalean extreme (high impact cardio)

My plan is 3x a week training with weights and 3x cardio. Sundays off!
Dukan diet is great, it gives you energy, you are not hungry cause it takes time to digest meat and anything rich with proteins, that keeps you full for whole day! Drinking 2l of water is a must and tbsp of flax seeds or oat bran daily prevent constipation and kidney issues!
Its only my second day but I feel great and my stomach is not bloated as it used to be!
Old 06-08-2010, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

If you don't mind, could you please keep dropping back in to this thread, I may have a million questions. Apparently the book is not available in Canada yet (or at least I can't find it yet). "Attack" sounds pretty simple but I may need some help with "Cruise".

Thanks and glad to hear it's going well.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:36 PM
FitDay Member

if you like I can make my profile available for public and you can see every day what I eat and how much workout.
I keep my menu simple, if I eat chicken breast I only cook them and thats it, no oil, no spices, nothing. But if you like some tasty food during diet I have recipes to share.
Anyway its my 3th day. I'm never hungry and I feel great, not bloated anymore. Attack phase will last whole week and will see then if there are some changes in weight.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

I would love to see your profile regarding what you are eating and doing and how it's working for you. I figure, until I can find the book, I'll just stay about 3-4 days behind you until I can get a feel for the whole concept. I'm ready to start "Attack" tomorrow, and that's just lean meat, eggs oat bran and water. I can handle that for a week. Then it get's dicey cause I'm not sure what veggies to add back in and if there's any particular order or quantity.

Thanks again for your reply and all your help
Old 06-09-2010, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

avoid yolks and eat just egg whites. all lean meat and fish are allowed. low fat dairy products (especialy cottage cheese) are welcome. in attack phase keep oat bran to max 1,5 tbsp daily. this Fitday is helpful really cause it alows you to keep in track what you eat and how much you burn. Just pick all food you plan to eat for a day and see how much carbs and fat is that. Keep carbs under 20g daily in attack phase and about that amount of fat also. Ideal protein amount daily (if you exercise) is 1g per 1lbs of your weight. I should eat about 140g of protein daily but mostly I eat only 120g. You'll see, proteins are very slow to digest and keep you full for hours. Often I eat meat just because I prepare it already and I planed to eat it today, but I'm not hungry at all. With those extra 30g I would be to full. That is the beauty part od Dukan diet, you're never hungry but still losing fat quickly
I recomend some kind of exercise daily ( in the book it says about 20 min of brisk walk, but you are not 60 year old man that you can't do better than that ) When you exercise first 20 min body is using carbs as fuel, but if you keep carbs under 20g daily, there's nothing to use as fuel but fat. So the first minute you start to train your body need fuel and fat is melting righ away. The most important part during that is: your muscles wont suffer, cause with 1g of proteins per 1 lbs of weight, there's more than enough to even build muscles during workout. The result is: you are losing fat, but your skin wont be lose and your body will be toned.
JUST DRINK WATER AS MUCH AS YOU CAN, NOTHING IS ENOUGH!
ok I set my profile as public, so any comment is welcome!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default Recipes

If my menu is to simple for you and you need spices and more tasty food you can try some of these recipes, its from Dukan book:

TANDORI FISH
Mix tandori seasoning (I used Schwartz) with low fat yogurt. Smear this over fish (use firm fish such as hake, cod or salmon or whole fish) and leave to marinade for as long as you can manage. Set the grill on high and get it roasing hot before grilling the fish in a grill pan. It taste bests if the tandori is a little burned. Serve with raita made from yogurt, mint, garlic and a little onion.

I think this would work really well with chicken too.

DUKAN HAMBURGER

Bread for Dukan Hamburger - See recipe

A ground steak of beef 5% fat

A light cheese (attention tolerated)

Tomato coulis or ketchup or light (attention tolerated)

Some grated Emmentael cheese, light (attention tolerated)

First, preheat your oven at the maximum temperature.

Cook the ground beef steak in a pan while you prepare the hamburger bread(see the article: Dukan Bread)

On a plate or directly on the grill of the oven, arrange the two parts of the hamburger bun and garnish to your taste.

DUKAN DIET OAT BRAN TOAST
- 3 tablespoons of oat bran
- 2 tablespoons of low fat yogurt
- 1 egg

Mix the above in a bowl. Then heat up a non-stick pan. Spray on a squirt of oil and pour the mixture it. Even out with a spoon. You want it to be about a centimetre thick. Flip when the first side is cooked and do the other one. The mixture should be caramel brown and fluffy when cooked.

Turn out onto a plate and then with flat-bottomed plate, press down onto the cooked oat bran. Apply pressure for 10 secs. With a sharp knife cut off the corners so the cooked oat bran is rectangular.

DUKAN MEATBALLS

350gr (12 oz) of minced beef meat

2 to 3 slices of leaned ham (or turkey ham / chicken)

A beautiful onion

Two egg yolks

1/2 cube de bouillon dégraissé - 1 / 2 cube defatted stock

(Spices)

First, preheat your oven to maximum temperature.

Cut finely the onion and the ham (or mix them, it's what i'm doing to avoid having too many chunks).

Separate the white of egg yolks (keep the whites for another recipe), mix the yolks with meat, ham and onion.

Crumble the defatted stock and spices (ESPECIALLY do not do the same mistake as me: Do not salt! The cube salts enough the preparation).

Mix well (knead with your hands) And make medium sized balls that you will put on a cooking paper, on the grill or oven plate.

Smoked Salmon and cottage cheese rolls/wraps

Some smoked salmon (smoked salmon trimmings are cheapest if you're on a budget)

Some low fat cottage cheese

Slices of low fat turkey or chicken

1. Lay out a turkey slice on a plate and spread with a layer of cottage cheese.
2. Lay a slice of smoked salmon on top of the cottage cheese.
3. Spread some more cottage cheese on top of the smoked salmon.
4. Carefully roll up into a roll
5. Eat and enjoy

If you are using smoked salmon trimmings then mix in a bowl with the cottage cheese and then spread the mixture on to a slice of turkey or chicken

DUKAN BREAD
Ingredients (amount of bran for one day):

2 tablespoons of oat bran

1 tablespoon of wheat bran

1 egg

2 egg whites

3 tablespoons of white cheese

1/2 pack of yeast

Salt, spices

Beat the eggs in a bowl with the white cheese, add the oaks and yeast, mix well.

Salt and spice to your taste (I put grill spices and basilic for my test, curry for the next one)

Pour the preparation in an tupperware with the shape of your choice (be careful because the dough will swell, so do not overfill)

Put in the microwave oven for more or less time depending of the thickness, between 3 and 5 minutes typically, at maximum temperature

Last edited by all4eternity; 06-09-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:03 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you so much for all your help and support and the wonderful recipes. Today is my first day on Dukan. I went to a site that gave me the calculations for weight loss and the length of time I should stay in each phase and it said I should lose 13 pounds in the first 5 days... that's hard to believe, and I'm sure that site is being generous with their calculations. But even getting down a couple pounds is better than nothing. I'm still looking for the book, none of the bookstores in my area have even heard of it. They said it's not been released in Canada yet, but I will keep trying. For now, I'm relying on websites and whatever information you can give me. Thanks again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.