Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Welcome, chelegwa. I like the calorie counter too. I was eating good foods (not processed junk), but way too much. Keeping track of foods consumed keeps me accountable. When I reach for some almonds, I now think about adding the calories to the food log, and it makes me think about whether I'm really hungry.

Tereza - I could eat cheese all day. I like it with celery too - also with apple slices. I don't keep track of water. I drink a lot of tea (both green and black) during the day. Tea and water are my main two drinks. Women do need about 8 cups of liquid a day. But a portion of that will come from foods (tomatoes and watermelon are about 90% water; other fruits and vegetables also contain water). Other liquids you drink also count towards that total (coffee, tea, milk, juice, beer, etc.). If it's hot or you're exercising a lot, you'll need more water. Basically, if you're not feeling thirsty and your urine is light yellow, you're getting enough water.

As to coffee, I'd drink a cup or two a day if I didn't get caffeine withdrawal headaches from it (tea doesn't bother me). There are health benefits associated with it and caffeine can suppress appetite.
Age 61, Height 5'9"
March 2010 145 lbs, Jan 2013 173 lbs
1st Goal 145 lbs 5/25
New goal 140
carolynnq is offline   Reply With Quote