View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #36 (permalink)
Gnatt
FitDay Member

My preferred breakfast is 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt, 1 cup of unsweetened frozen strawberries (or raspberries, I thaw a bag at a time of each and keep them in the fridge) sweetened with stevia or a little honey, and a tablespoon of chia seeds.

Or I'll have a hardboiled egg (I cook a bunch up on the weekend and keep them in the fridge for the week) and a piece/bowl of fruit.

Also, about once a month, I make a batch of apple cinnamon steel cut oats in the crock pot overnight, and then portion it into 8 containers and freeze. One portion takes about 3-4 minutes to heat in the microwave, and is great for a morning when I am running behind.

Ingredients:

2 cup steel cut oats
8 cups liquids (I use water, sometimes I'll use two cups of soy milk for two cups of the water)
4 tsp cinnamon
2 apples, chopped
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
stevia to taste (or sometimes half honey. Yes, I know honey is like sugar, but it has a lot of health benefits and I am willing to allow for the calories sometimes)

Just put it all in the crockpot, stir it up, and let it cook on low overnight or for eight hours. I learned the hard way to use a crockpot liner, so it is easier to clean. But it is really yummy, and very convenient.
Gnatt is offline   Reply With Quote