Thread: Carbs or fat?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 12:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
dysonsphere
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjd01 View Post
Yes -- zero grams of fat.

There are risks to be sure. The doctor talked about problems with gallbladder and pancreas and said that you can't cheat on this diet and that when you go back to real food that I will have to slowly phase it in. Luckily I don't have a gallbladder!.

The shakes we drink are from the doctor's office. Pretty nasty tasting. And we have to drink at least three quarts of water a day to help flush out all the wastes that are going through the kidneys.

I have tried so many diets over the years. With a bmi of 41.8 I was seriously considering weight loss surgery. I thought I would give this a shot. We are 8 days in and I have lost 12.2 pounds and my husband 14.

Pros: Losing weight. Not hungry

Cons: Low energy, insomnia, restless legs [doctor says body will get used to program 2 weeks in and fatigue will diminish]

We have a friend that went to this doctor. She has diabetes and had an insulin pump. After 4 weeks on the diet she was able to get rid of the pump. After 2 months on the diet she gave up the insulin.
Do not listen to this person's 'advice'. Sorry but this is ridiculous in the extreme.

Keep it simple.

Calorie deficit is a solid way to lose weight.

Reduced carb diets are successful and have been shown to have health benefits.

Read up, learn, understand and be able to manage your diet in the future.

I would suggest the Paleo diet would be a good place for you to find the information you need. I typically diet based on the anabolic diet but this is a more specific type for weight lifters so I would not recommend this for you.
dysonsphere is offline   Reply With Quote