View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 08:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
VitoVino
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nctgreene View Post
I haven't had any success with the Konjac Root Fiber. I may not be taking a high enough miligram capsule. I'll give the African Mango a try when I can. How does it work?

Nancy

You know, that's a good question. I don't take any but I really trust my friend who does. She's a health food person and does not spend her money on just anything. And she highly recommends this.

However... upon investigation, I don't feel it's for me. It's an appetite suppressant, and I really don't need that. I've been increasing my intake of protein and fiber, and I have not been hungry on a 1500-1800 calorie diet.

Anyway, here's what it says about Dr. Oz's recommendation:

"A popular advocate of alternative therapies, Dr. Oz mentioned on his show that the use of Irvingia Gabonensis, otherwise known as African mango, had proven to be effective when used as a supplement during weight loss programs. The weight loss properties of Irvingia Gabonensis have been attributed to its ability to increase the amount of Leptin (a substance that is responsible for regulating the metabolism and appetite in humans) in the bloodstream of those who use it as a supplement."

As far as weight loss is concerned, I'm more interested in fat burners and fat inhibitors. Currently I am doing a choline/inositol supplement and fish oil. I've been losing more weight than I had intended, so I must be doing something correct so far.

Think of food as fuel for the body instead of feeding emotions
VitoVino is offline   Reply With Quote