Notices

Foods I dislike..

Old 12-29-2010, 11:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default Foods I dislike..

Hey guys

I'm currently messed up with my dieting, im inbetween either only consuming 600 cal a day or attempt to have 1200 (which I can never make)

I need good, healthy "recipe" ideas. I dislike salad, unless on a sandwich like Subway. I don't make sandwiches at home so I'd like to cancel that out as an idea. I like chicken, turkey and ham as a main. I'm really stuck just now so some help would be appreciated lol, thanks!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:11 PM
FitDay Member

Stirfry is always good. A dash of vegetable oil, whatever veggies you have on hand, whatever meat you have on hand, some veggie chicken or beef broth, and a little cornstarch with water to thicken it up, presto easy healthy food. Throw it over some white or brown rice to boost up your calorie count, stirfry done right is very low calorie fare. Add a little ginger, garlic, or pepper to taste. Cayenne pepper if you like it spicy.

I had beef with broccoli, water chestnuts, and bamboo shoots for dinner. 2 cups of that is 350 calories, plus a cup of rice for 200 cals, and it really fills up the plate. If you used chicken or lean pork, it would be even less. The other thing I really like about stirfry is there's enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow, so 1) I'm already packed for work tomorrow and 2) it's easy to log since I just have to copy my recent foods.

I also really like beans. Vegetarian fat-free refried beans, 1/2 can warmed in the microwave (I like the spicy variety), a cup of tortilla chips, some salsa, tomatoes, onion or black olive if you like, maybe some avocado or a sprinkle of cheese for flavor... Nachos! I like to substitute plain Greek yogurt for sour cream, but since you're looking for a calorie boost, go ahead with regular sour cream and cheese. Half an avocado will give you some nice really healthy fats and a hefty dose of vitamins. Or rinse some black beans, nuke 'em, throw them in a tortilla with any of the above ingredients, instant burrito.

Eggs are also a good option. I make scrambled eggs with one whole egg, 2 whites, and whatever I have on hand. Ham and spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, cheeese, whatever I've got.

Last edited by Lizzycritter; 12-29-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

Yum, Lizzy! I went out shopping today and felt completely lost. I forgot to get salsa or even tomatoes to make my own.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

Chicken quesadillas. I love them. Just chop up some cooked (braised is a healthy way to do it) chicken, grab some low fat or fat free cheese (try Sargento) and throw it in a tortilla! I suggest Mission White Corn Tortillas. You can also throw in some corn, or salsa. I usually skip the salsa and put chopped tomatoes + crushed red pepper in mine.

You could try making your own alfredo sauce too! I love doing this with my magic bullet but I'm sure it works in a regular blender as well. Just throw in your favorite (healthy) cheeses (again, I suggest Sargento), add a little oregano, maybe have a clove of garlic, and there you go! I love doing this because you can control the nutrition as well as the flavor! Throw it on some whole grain fettuccine and you're good to go!

For other meal ideas I'd check out Lean Cuisine meals. They have a new line out make specifically for sharing so you can make them for your family too! I'm head over heals for Lean Cuisine, I think it tastes better than Smart Ones (weight watchers). You could also incorporate Birds Eye dishes into your meals- I like their broccoli and cheese.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizzycritter
Or rinse some black beans, nuke 'em, throw them in a tortilla .....
may i ask, how do you nuke beans LOL
Old 01-10-2011, 09:48 AM
FitDay Member

hey suzay logan is that your username or is that ur real name. my name is stevani logan(logan maiden name) how old r u?where are u from? im 30 and from dallas tx
Old 01-10-2011, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

r u man or woman
Old 01-10-2011, 10:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MunaAmin
may i ask, how do you nuke beans LOL
In the microwave in a coffee cup, about 1/2 cup and just a splash of water, 30-45 seconds just to get them hot. If you microwave them too long, they explode, so I cover the cup with a paper towel.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:05 AM
FitDay Member

If you like chicken, this is one of my faves... In a casserole dish, add salt, pepper, basil and oregano to a large can of diced tomatoes. Add 1 package of boneless, skinless chicken breast. Stir so that the tomoatoes cover the chicken. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes. You can serve this over rice (brown or white) or over pasta. It's delicious!