View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 08:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
cjohnson728
Super Moderator

Hi Taubele!

Congrats on your degree! I know how hard it is (been there, done that) to take care of yourself. Then you turn around and say, darn, what happened to my 20'S? Yep, they were spent studying and writing and maybe researching, or whatever went into your course of study.

You are very smart for taking control now and I encourage you to keep it up. When I finished school, life hit me immediately...I literally flew home from defending the dissertation, signed a contract on a house, and found out I was pregnant the next day (unplanned, but very very welcomed). That was 15 years ago, and 14 of those years were spent putting myself on a back burner. Fortunately, last year was not one of those years, so I am here to encourage you to not make the same mistake. Make yourself and your health a top priority.

Sounds like you have a great plan in place. Use FitDay, use the forums, and ask for what you need

(Michael, big salute to you, as well...I cannot imagine trying to navigate higher education with a family and work, in addition to working to become healthy...which could be a full time job in itself ).

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
-John Steinbeck
cjohnson728 is offline   Reply With Quote