View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 03:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
tandoorichicken
FitDay Member

Just know that drinking like that will kill your chances of putting on any appreciable muscle. Binge drinking like that not only fogs your brain the next day (as I'm sure you're well aware) but it also causes muscle breakdown and joint inflammation. Good luck training when those two are in effect.

You're better off enjoying a beer or two every 3-5 days (100-400 kcals worth) instead of pounding upwards of 2000 kcals on a single night, and certainly not around training days. I know this doesn't fit your drinking philosophy, but I don't think your muscles/body care much for your drinking philosophy as it stands.

Binge eating to make up for lost nutrients won't do you much good either. Just try to hit your calorie goals for the day; pick up where you left off. That said, it might be a good idea to replenish the minerals you yakked out via a "band-aid" multi-vit supplement just to help with the hangover.

My rules:
1) eat real food - more vegetables, moderate meat, moderate fruits, less grains, less sugar, less vegetable oils.
2) exercise - moderate intensity cardio, sprinting, heavy lifting, dedicated stretching and mobility.
3) live - relax, de-stress, meditate.

Disclaimer: I'm not professionally qualified to make any formal recommendations. I've just done my homework and I'm my own guinea pig. All of my data, unless otherwise cited, comes from a sample size of n=1 (me).
tandoorichicken is offline   Reply With Quote