View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 11:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronRanger
FitDay Member

Default LeanGains.com and Intermittent Fasting

I wanted to post about leangains.com and intermittent fasting. It seems radical - I was a huge (pardon the pun) skeptic. I'm 37 years old. I weighed 207 pounds @ 5'7", 34% bodyfat. Yes, I'm a male. I have 8 years, or thereabouts, experience with weight training. After a ten year break, 8 months ago, I started weight training again.

LeanGains combines heavy compound lifts with high intensity, low volume focused training. The only real requirement is that you use heavy compound lifts. If a higher or lower volume works well for you, then by all means, go that route.

LeanGains involves a 16-hour fast, followed by an 8-hour feeding window. There are other fasting programs, but this one works well for me, since I have a love of lifting weights.

Eat-Stop-Eat is another program that can be followed (24-hour fasts, followed by 24-hour feasts, but still maintaining a calorie deficit).

In the last 3.5 months, with 5 weeks of diet breaks (re-feeds) scheduled every six weeks, conservatively, I've lost 20 pounds. 75%-85% of that weight has been fat. I've maintained or increased my strength in the squat, overhead press, bench, row and chin-up. The only decline has been my deadlift; But I had stitches placed in my finger and couldn't grip for 2 weeks.

Anyone else use fasting for weight loss?

Last edited by IronRanger; 11-04-2010 at 02:21 AM.
IronRanger is offline   Reply With Quote