Thread: Plateau?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 08:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Michael I'm curious how many calories you are eating?

I have been through a couple of periods of slowed weight loss. Everytime the solution was to reduce the calories.

Since July I started at 2400 then 2300 then 2200 to 2000 and now I'm at 1800.

I have lost 27 pounds over that time and my average loss is between 1.5-2 lbs per week. Now that may not sound like a lot but it was roughly 10% of my body fat and well over 10% of my bodyweight.

Sorry to say but I don't believe you are building any muscle walking, preserving it maybe but building no. I believe you would benefit a lot if you started lifting weights.

If you make a link to your fitday log in this thread or in your signature I would be happy to help you out.

Actually just last week I had been stuck at 200 for nearly 2 weeks, I was getting pretty frustrated, and then this week when I reduced my calories my weight jumped down to 197 lbs and my average loss was right on schedule. Its easy to get wrapped up in the moment.

It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself. ~Muhammad Ali

You must have long-range goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-range failures. ~Charles C. Noble
July 6th 2010: 225 lbs, 24% body fat
Nov 30th 2010: 181 lbs, 12% body fat
Dec 28th 2010: 177 lbs, 11% bf
Total weight loss 48 lbs.