View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 06:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
BlueIx
FitDay Member

My microwave recently died, and I decided not to replace it right away, to see how much I miss it. And actually, I don't. The extra counter space is great, and though I always tried not to eat too many microwave meals, this ensures that I don't ever eat them. All my food is either raw or cooked on the stove/in the oven... I'm not a great cook, but the best way to learn is to just DO it. I am getting better, bit by bit. I am a vegetarian, and honestly don't find it too difficult to keep the protein up. Remember a lot of green veggies have lots of protein, as well as nuts and beans. Also, have you tried Quinoa (pronounced Keenwah)? It looks almost like sliced up rice, and acts pretty much the same - though it's actually a cereal rather than a grain and has amazing amounts of protein in it. I will often just buy one new ingredient that I've never used before, then look up a bunch of recipes for that thing and decide from there whether I should add it to my list of stuff to always keep around. Trial and error!

I think finding the right foods for our bodies is one of the most important things we can do for our health, yet it's something that so many people are lazy about and then don't understand why they don't feel good.

I wish you luck in your food quest!
BlueIx is offline   Reply With Quote