View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 03:47 AM   #75 (permalink)
Mern
FitDay Member

Jenai, HUGE HUG OF UNDERSTANDING AND SUPPORT TO YA on the cookie dough. Been there, done that! And I think you're "a smart cookie" (pun intended ) for putting off making the cookie treats for the family for a while--at least until you're sure you have the willpower to get through with just tasting and not binging. Yes, making yummy lasagna is a lot easier than people think. I was surprised after I did it the first time, too. Could you be retaining excess water from too much sodium? Aw, my heart goes out to you on the sleep problems. I've heard of that where some people's bodies would rather sleep during the day and be awake at night. I have a good friend who does the same thing. To her advantage, she's retired and single with no children or parents to take care of. Wishing you a restful sleep whenever you DO go to bed.

I was just lucky today on food. I made a promise to not eat the sweet potatoes I cooked for DH and great-grandbaby and wound up having about 3.5 ounces by weight. But then had the courage to give up my planned dessert of half a peach and a slice of low carb "failed but salvaged by microwave" zucchini bread. It was pretty much an even trade. I can have an evening protein snack 1 1/2-2 hours before bed no matter how late I stay up. My grandson-in-law arrived at 9:30 to pick up the baby and stayed for about 45 minutes, so my evening snack was delayed and I had the courage to have just a cold, leftover salmon patty and one sugar free dark chocolate miniature. But now I can't go to bed to around midnight and I'm getting sleepy.
Weight 8/14/2014 lowest in a long time 224.2
Weight 9/23/2014 doctor visit 233
Weight 11/14/2014 228.8
Mern is offline   Reply With Quote