View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 12:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
lildebbieg
FitDay Member

Good morning all! I was so proud of myself this morning...I managed to stumble out of bed at 4:45 am to get in a workout before work. I was doing this regularly during the winter and early spring, but when I had the shoulder/back issues in the past few weeks, I kind of lost momentum. As tough as it is to get up that early (some of you apparently are just doing to bed at that time!! ) if I don't get in a workout, I'm most often too busy in the evenings with the kids to squeeze in a workout...especially now that the weather is nice...I woudl rather spend time with the kids outdoors. I pushed myself hard this morning and managed to burn about 10 cals per minute...which is a good burn for me.

It's my wedding anniversary on Friday and we are going out with friends for dinner. I'm already anticipating it and planning to enjoy myself but get right back on track the next day. Hold me accountable!!

Jenai - The lentil soup looks and sounds yummy! I'll have to try it out! I love to add frozen banana to a protein shake!! It's just like a milkshake...in my opinion. Peel the banana, break it in half then freeze it in a container. You can use just one half or both halves, through it in the blender with your Atkins shake and milk....I'm sure it will be yummy!

Libby - Sorry to hear you're down buddy. If you feel like just staying in bed all day...maybe you are depressed? Feeling lonely is tough. I know before I had my kids and my husband was busy working or doing his masters...I spent far too much time alone and I was lonely...and probably depressed as well. You should definitely seek help...like Jenai said..maybe counselling and/or meds could help. Wish there was more I could say or do.

Nyda - Cake for you sounds like chips for me! I could have cakes, pasteries, cookies, etc. in the house and never touch them....but a big bag of salty, crunchy chips.....those don't stand a chance around me! Maybe a shake like what Jenai drinks could help keep your sweet tooth at bay?

Jenn - I love coleslaw!!! Was the coleslaw homemade too? Do you like creamy or vinegary coleslaw? I love them both!!!

Have an awesome and on track day all!

"Never give up on a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it."

Starting Weight - 143 lbs (3/Sept/13)
Current Weight - 136.6 lbs (12/Sep/14)
Goal Weight - 114 lbs (aiming for February 2015!!)
lildebbieg is offline   Reply With Quote