View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
carolynnq
FitDay Member

Mern & Jenn - great to see you both back.

Summer is easier for me because I don't feel like eating when it's hot. I could happily live on salads in the summer. Whereas winter -- I think I'm programmed to store up fat when it's cold.

Jenn - nothing wrong with housework & yardwork as exercise. I prefer yard work over housework, but with both, besides burning some calories, there's the bonus of seeing an immediate improvement in your environment.

It's been hot here. I did some yard work anyway yesterday, then came in and made myself a decaf coffee icee. Into the blender goes a handful of ice cubes, some milk (I never measure, probably 1/2 to 3/4 cup), a spoonful of instant coffee, and a half envelope of truvia. It was so smooth and cool. I like coffee yogurt, so I'm going to try using plain yogurt in place of the milk. As to the milk, I think the icee works best with at least 1% fat milk. Nonfat isn't quite as good. I think the cold fat molecules gives it a better mouth feel.

Kocia - even though you didn't meet your 10M walking goal, 6+ miles isn't a failure.

Edited to add: Robin - fantastic on getting 3 miles in today. I've been thinking about maintenance mode strategies for a while. As I'm losing so slowly, it seems like maintenance mode is pretty much what I'm doing now. One thing I'll do differently is weigh myself more frequently in maintenance mode - so I can catch any upward scale movement quickly. I don't want to let the pounds pile on again.

----
Goals:
1. Avg under 1400 calories a day
2. Avg at least 45 min extra movement a day
3. No sugar, refined flour foods
4. 3 cups green tea a day
1st Goal 145 lbs 5/25
New goal 140

Last edited by carolynnq; 07-01-2013 at 04:40 PM.
carolynnq is offline   Reply With Quote