Notices

No Longer Obese

Old 04-30-2010, 10:03 PM
FitDay Member

Default No Longer Obese

Yesterday I had my BF taken and it came down to 17%. My BMI was still over 30 so I was considered obese This morning I weighed in a finally slipped to 29.92 BMI. Small (yet meaningless) victories!
Old 04-30-2010, 10:14 PM
FitDay Member

That is sooooo awesome. I'm sitting here feeling very happy and proud of you and yet also a little (or a lot maybe) jealous. I'm hovering at 32, and somehow this is now a goal of mine. I just can't wait to be "40 pounds overweight" rather than "obese", I think I have about 12 pounds to lose before I can say that. So what are you doing to reward yourself? Mani-pedi, a new red dress, monster truck rally tickets?
Old 05-01-2010, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

Okay, almeeker, you have me laughing again like your response last week...Farr1022 is a guy and the mental pic in my head is hysterical!!!

Congrats to you both on your terrific losses and hard work
Old 05-01-2010, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

congrats farr1022!!!!! it is awsome!!!!
i also experinced the same thing, just losing about 5 lbs has dropped me from obese to mildly overweight, i just look at it and love it! still so far from my goal, but it is still a victory!
got 24 lbs to go to reach my goal and for some reason, it seems alot more acheivable than it did last week!

keep up the good work!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2010, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

My next big goal is 149.9 lbs, because that will officially move me out of the "overweight" bar and into the "healthy weight" bar. I'm at 155.6.......

The scale at the gym consistently weighs me 5 lbs heavier than my home scae, so I get to break those decade marks twice. I post the friendlier home scale numbers, of course The trainer's even said that scale is off, and the new bathroom scale agrees with the one that met an untimely demise.

These victories aren't meaningless, they're what keep us going. Put on your red dress and rock it like RuPaul at that monster truck rally ROFL.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Okay, almeeker, you have me laughing again like your response last week...Farr1022 is a guy and the mental pic in my head is hysterical!!!

Congrats to you both on your terrific losses and hard work
Yes, I know he's a guy, but when I think "losing-it rewards" I just automatically go to "mani-pedi, new red dress". See, I did throw in "Monster truck rally tickets" for the guys this time. At least I didn't suggest he go and buy some new bras or pantyhose.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator

Maybe he can go to the monster truck rally in a new red dress after the mani-pedi?

Sorry, Farr...the temptation was too great . Gotta love the mental image. Congrats on your progress.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Maybe he can go to the monster truck rally in a new red dress after the mani-pedi?

Sorry, Farr...the temptation was too great . Gotta love the mental image. Congrats on your progress.
Maybe farr can reward himself by getting a mani-pedi and new red dress for the wife. The "high maintenance look" works wonders on my honey.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone, Sorry for the delay in response as I was out of town all week. Love the responses! Being on the road was tough for my routine, but I did OK!
Old 05-08-2010, 11:28 AM
FitDay Member

almeeker, I noticed on your little signature line that your goal weight is 120. I'm just wondering how you picked that number and how long you're expecting that journey to take. (Congrats on how far you've come, by the way.)

I was at 205 when I started to make a change and never in a million years would I have said "I think I'd like to be 120 pounds, now let's get to it!" From my eyes, that seems so unattainable. Heck, I figured if I could hit the 150's I'd be doing great. Now that I have, I'm inspired to keep going and seeing your goal makes me wonder if I could do that. Guess I'm looking for words of inspiration, but I don't want to set goals for myself that I might never reach (but maybe that's just limiting myself, too?). Just consider this questions from the curious!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.