FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   No Longer Obese (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/990-no-longer-obese.html)

farr1022 04-30-2010 10:03 PM

No Longer Obese

Yesterday I had my BF taken and it came down to 17%. My BMI was still over 30 so I was considered obese :) This morning I weighed in a finally slipped to 29.92 BMI. Small (yet meaningless) victories!

almeeker 04-30-2010 10:14 PM

That is sooooo awesome. I'm sitting here feeling very happy and proud of you and yet also a little (or a lot maybe) jealous. I'm hovering at 32, and somehow this is now a goal of mine. I just can't wait to be "40 pounds overweight" rather than "obese", I think I have about 12 pounds to lose before I can say that. So what are you doing to reward yourself? Mani-pedi, a new red dress, monster truck rally tickets?

cjohnson728 05-01-2010 02:26 AM

Okay, almeeker, you have me laughing again like your response last week...Farr1022 is a guy and the mental pic in my head is hysterical!!!

Congrats to you both on your terrific losses and hard work :)

farahb7 05-01-2010 02:42 AM

congrats farr1022!!!!! it is awsome!!!!
i also experinced the same thing, just losing about 5 lbs has dropped me from obese to mildly overweight, i just look at it and love it! still so far from my goal, but it is still a victory!:cool:
got 24 lbs to go to reach my goal and for some reason, it seems alot more acheivable than it did last week!:D

keep up the good work!!!!!!

Lizzycritter 05-01-2010 03:37 AM

My next big goal is 149.9 lbs, because that will officially move me out of the "overweight" bar and into the "healthy weight" bar. I'm at 155.6.......

The scale at the gym consistently weighs me 5 lbs heavier than my home scae, so I get to break those decade marks twice. I post the friendlier home scale numbers, of course :p The trainer's even said that scale is off, and the new bathroom scale agrees with the one that met an untimely demise.

These victories aren't meaningless, they're what keep us going. Put on your red dress and rock it like RuPaul at that monster truck rally ROFL.

almeeker 05-04-2010 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 9856)
Okay, almeeker, you have me laughing again like your response last week...Farr1022 is a guy and the mental pic in my head is hysterical!!!

Congrats to you both on your terrific losses and hard work :)

Yes, I know he's a guy, but when I think "losing-it rewards" I just automatically go to "mani-pedi, new red dress". See, I did throw in "Monster truck rally tickets" for the guys this time. At least I didn't suggest he go and buy some new bras or pantyhose.

cjohnson728 05-04-2010 01:23 AM

Maybe he can go to the monster truck rally in a new red dress after the mani-pedi?

Sorry, Farr...the temptation was too great ;). Gotta love the mental image. Congrats on your progress.

almeeker 05-04-2010 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 10014)
Maybe he can go to the monster truck rally in a new red dress after the mani-pedi?

Sorry, Farr...the temptation was too great ;). Gotta love the mental image. Congrats on your progress.

Maybe farr can reward himself by getting a mani-pedi and new red dress for the wife. The "high maintenance look" works wonders on my honey.

farr1022 05-08-2010 04:31 AM

Hey everyone, Sorry for the delay in response as I was out of town all week. Love the responses! Being on the road was tough for my routine, but I did OK!

wannabefitgrl 05-08-2010 11:28 AM

almeeker, I noticed on your little signature line that your goal weight is 120. I'm just wondering how you picked that number and how long you're expecting that journey to take. (Congrats on how far you've come, by the way.)

I was at 205 when I started to make a change and never in a million years would I have said "I think I'd like to be 120 pounds, now let's get to it!" From my eyes, that seems so unattainable. Heck, I figured if I could hit the 150's I'd be doing great. Now that I have, I'm inspired to keep going and seeing your goal makes me wonder if I could do that. Guess I'm looking for words of inspiration, but I don't want to set goals for myself that I might never reach (but maybe that's just limiting myself, too?). Just consider this questions from the curious!

farahb7 05-08-2010 03:08 PM

i'd like the answer to this question too, i know almeeker mentioned she is small frame as well, much the same as i am. my normal weight range shows to be between 94 to 128 lbs, but thinking of 94 lbs make me feel sick! i honestly don't want to lose my curves, but again, maye when i get to 125, which is my goal, i should re-evaluate my weight as well?:confused:
i think if i lose too much, people have to use a magnifying glass to find me, and i don't like that!

wannabefitgrl 05-09-2010 01:15 AM

Maybe I'm getting too caught up in other peoples' goals...I'm 5'7" with a medium-ish build so BMI charts put me between 120 and 155 (roughly). I'm currently just a hair under 155 (which puts me at a proper BMI as well!). So maybe 120 might be a bit extreme for me. I take it 5-10 pounds at a time, so I'm just working on getting down to 150 and then I'll re-evaluate. I think I just like my goals to feel achievable and I'm scared to set the bar too high. Or maybe I just like the rush of meeting my mini-goals. Either way, it's working for me and best of luck to all the other goal-setters. (Although I'm still curious to see what almeeker has to say.)