Day 2 of doing it my way

Community
Notices

Day 2 of doing it my way

Old 07-07-2013, 04:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Smile Day 2 of doing it my way

Good Afternoon!

Here I am at day 2. I've walked 2 miles each day and today I lifted weights. I took it easy and only lifted to exhaustion.

Here are my goals.

Lose 50 lbs by October
Get my blood sugar under control and get off my meds for type II
Get in better shape so I'm not so tired.
Walk a 5k by August 30.

I really would like to try a couch to 5k but my knees are killing me and I need to see the ortho first. Also, I drive a cement mixer for a living and I need to protect my knees so I can climb up and down the ladders.

That said, I'm sticking with walking for now. I'm going to walk 2 miles a day 5 days a week and 3 miles a day the other two days. At the moment I'm using 2lb hand weights and I plan to add a lb every two weeks until I'm up to 5 lbs hand weights. After that I'll start wearing a weighted vest to increase my resistance.

Please feel free to leave comments as I need all the motivation I can get.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 07-07-2013, 12:21 PM
FitDay Member

This is a great plan! Good for you. I think walking is a great idea. Feel free to join us on the 7 day motivational thread, a new one will start tomorrow (Monday). We post our goals there and then report our progress. A few of us have done a walking challenge recently, you might want to join that also.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:16 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Weenap06
Lose 50 lbs by October
Get my blood sugar under control and get off my meds for type II
Get in better shape so I'm not so tired.
Walk a 5k by August 30.
Hey, it's fantastic that you're taking steps toward weight loss with such enthusiasm!

I am concerned, though, with the speed that you want to loose it.

July to October is about 12 weeks. That means that you intend to shed over 4 lbs a week. That's really fast... when you drop more than 2 lbs per week you usually begin dropping in muscle mass and risking your metabolism. Your body will likely begin thinking that you are starving and work to stop it (bad for metabolism). This will make your process harder and also make it more likely that you will gain it back at the end of your weight loss goal.

Please consider a less aggressive goal.

Good luck with your journey.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:40 PM
FitDay Member

I think you're so far so good! Congrats and good luck!