Notices

Here I go Again

Old 04-21-2010, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Default Here I go Again

Starting yet another food plan/Diet.
I started today with FitDay so hope to get some inspiration by seeing everything written down, and being able to talk to you lovely people.
My start weight is 154 my Height is 5 foot nothing, so im like a little barrel.
I have medication for High blood pressure, asperin and Statin after a "small" heart attack. and pain killers and Anti-inflammatory for Arthritis. Wow, I sound like a wreck.!!! But obviously NEED to lose weight.
So I find it hard to do much in the way of exercise which means Im finding it hard to burn off the calories.
I do hope we can be together in this and help one another.

Im sorry I seem to have posted this in the wrong place. How do I rectify this ?

Last edited by boodica; 04-21-2010 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Mistake
Old 04-21-2010, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on starting. I found it helpful to set a weight goal with a date on it in Fitday. That way if my weight loss isn't matching or below the line I can make changes and get back on track. Do whatever exercise you are able. Even walking can make a big difference. Read as much as you can about nutrition and the different ways your body metabolizes fat, carbohydrates and protein. Bodybuilding.com is a great resource for both nutrition and exercise information. Good Luck!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you for your best wishes and your reply.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:00 PM
FitDay Member

We are all on your side and know you can make the change. The food journal is a great tool. I used it a couple years ago and lost about 50 pounds. When I quit, I gained most the weight back. I have been back at it since mid 11/2009 and dropped 50 pounds again. I think I will have to keep up the journal to keep the weight off. Good luck to you and keep us posted on how things go.
Ed
Old 04-23-2010, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Boodica! I too am just about the same height (although I may "tower" over you at 5'1") And I am also pretty close to the same weight- I'm starting at 167 (just started this past Monday). I started because I had NO IDEA what my daily calories were, and since I'm a vegetarian, I also didn't know if I was getting enough protein, iron, etc. After many attempts- I too am trying this site. (recommended by a co-worker). The biggest eye opener is the amount of calories I consume. For this first week, I am just writing down everything- doesn't matter WHAT it is. I'm just eating as I normally would to see where my calories are coming from. Then I can focus on making better choices. By the way- M&Ms- not the best choice. A lot of calories for no nutrition. good luck to you- I am really exicted about this site. I've tried many where it tells me this is what I have to eat today (which for a vegetarian, isn't always realistic). I'm not sure about you, but I've noticed in the past, my track record is that I hold myself back from succeeding. Being accountable for all my food and activity (no matter how small) is helping! Good luck to you! Please do keep us posted!
Old 04-24-2010, 05:55 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Welcome Back

Hey I just wanted to let you know that I am too back to Fitday! I started March 22 and to date I have lost 15 pounds. This program is the only thing that works for me, to teach myself how to eat right. Keep it up you can do it
Old 04-26-2010, 06:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks again for your replies.

I am gutted though, I weighed myself today and I have lost 2lb, I was over the moon and rushed to the computor to record my first loss, only to find that I had input the wrong amount on my start date.
Is there any way I can start over again and input the correct amounts so that I can actuallly see the loss.
Thanks