A little info about Fitday?

Community
Notices

A little info about Fitday?

Old 04-30-2010, 02:45 PM
FitDay Member

Default A little info about Fitday?

Hi,

I signed up for Fitday years ago, but never used it. Recently I've used the online version of WW. I've nearly arrived at my goal weight, and although the program was a success for me, there are some things I'd like to do differently.

1) Tracking actual calories instead of "points."
2) Allowing myself to more directly and clearly correlate activity and exercise and calorie intake.

I've looked through this site, and everything seems pretty clear and plain. Much more direct and efficient than that Spark program, which I also checked out today. But I'd like to know how everyone feels about the exercise question. Does the program make it clear on a daily and weekly basis how calories burned and consumed compare?

For anyone that has used WW online, how do you feel it compares to Fitday? Are foods easy to find and searchable? Both brand names and home made foods?

Thank you so much in advance for any information you can provide.

Oh, ps. Is there any way to change your username?
Old 04-30-2010, 09:07 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Brian, Welcome. I too am relatively new here but this is what I've found. First off, this is a great site, with a wonderful forum and fantastically supportive people.

As for the food thing, I "customize" most of mine because I have so much trouble finding exactly what I'm looking for, but I find it's worth the little extra time because you only have to create it once and you're done, and you know it's right.

I find the daily calorie balance report very efficient and uncomplicated. Calories in/Calories out bar graph...very simple.

I also changed my username, but to do it I had to create a whole new account.

Hope some of this helps. Enjoy the journey. Good health.