Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Skinny People Going on and on about their diet and exercise >

Skinny People Going on and on about their diet and exercise

Notices

Skinny People Going on and on about their diet and exercise

Old 01-18-2013, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default Skinny People Going on and on about their diet and exercise

Am I the only one who has had it with those skinny great looking people who are obsessed with what they eat or don't eat and constantly talking about their workouts? I know probably in my twenties I was like that , but I got over myself! How can we keep fitness a priority but not obsess and constantly have to tell everyone what we are doing? I want to talk to people who are going through the same things I am... 187, gained 14 llbs since Thanksgiving! Trying to get back on the wagon!!! in March 2012 down to 165 from 215 in 2011 through running and low carb eating. I need help getting back my motivation....Just so fed up with not being able to keep weight off long term. Just being honest today.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Hello limarose

As a person once over 200 and I suppose people may think I am skinny but yet I feel I am still a work in progress. I still have to work very hard at not gaining weight. My diet and workouts sometimes seem to consume me. It's part of my life, part of me if I want to keep the weight off. Maybe those skinny people do know what your going through because maybe they are still fighting the same battle as you are. It's so very hard finding lost motivation but there is a lot of motivation here on fitday. I hope you find the motivation you need to get back on the wagon.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks

Thanks Renee,
I know that to get where I want to be and make the changes I want to make, I'm going to have to really think about it and talk about it alot, but I'm just hoping that someday a fit lifestyle is the new normal and I don't have to obssess over it. I guess I'm jealous of people that are there and look great and then hearing them talk about how awful they feel about eating one doughnut or how they ran 3 miles that morning and it wasnt enough because they only feel they have really worked out i they run 6+ miles..it just makes me want to scream! i would be thrilled to be able to stop at just one doughnut or anytime I have ever run 3 miles, I am extremely proud of myself!
Anyway, I know the focus has to be on what is my next small positive change and how any choice I make today influences my success tomorrow. And I can't compare myself to others.
I had a skinny mocha at starbucks and turned down the temptation to order a sausage biscuit. I am having green beans and grilled chicken for lunch and now that I have been cleared again for moderate exercise by the doc today ( I had a heart procedure a week ago) I plan to walk a few miles over the weekend. I know from past experience that the hardest part is getting started.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default BTW Congrats

And by the way, congrats on your weight loss....that is really fantastic and I know how much work it takes.
What did you do to get there and what was your wake up call?
Old 01-18-2013, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by limarose
Thanks Renee,
I know that to get where I want to be and make the changes I want to make, I'm going to have to really think about it and talk about it alot, but I'm just hoping that someday a fit lifestyle is the new normal and I don't have to obssess over it. I guess I'm jealous of people that are there and look great and then hearing them talk about how awful they feel about eating one doughnut or how they ran 3 miles that morning and it wasnt enough because they only feel they have really worked out i they run 6+ miles..it just makes me want to scream! i would be thrilled to be able to stop at just one doughnut or anytime I have ever run 3 miles, I am extremely proud of myself!
Anyway, I know the focus has to be on what is my next small positive change and how any choice I make today influences my success tomorrow. And I can't compare myself to others.
I had a skinny mocha at starbucks and turned down the temptation to order a sausage biscuit. I am having green beans and grilled chicken for lunch and now that I have been cleared again for moderate exercise by the doc today ( I had a heart procedure a week ago) I plan to walk a few miles over the weekend. I know from past experience that the hardest part is getting started.
Your welcome, I get it I have been there. Congrats on turning down the sausage biscuit I agree getting started is the hardest thing. Some times I don't feel like working out but I put on my work out clothes because I know if I do I will do it.

My first wake up call was a year after my Dad passed away. I had already been over weight for 20 years, still down about my Dad passing my health was going down hill. I just snapped out of it and a year later I was down 75#. Making good choices, walking and lots of water.

When I joined fitday my weight was up again due to a foot injury. My foot healed once I found out what was wrong but I had on going back problems. I felt like I was getting old and falling apart. I joined a class to strengthen my core, started to feel stronger and joined another class. I am really enjoying getting out of the house and meeting new people. I am still walking too but not as much as I should. Still working on getting off the weight I put on over the holidays as well. It's not coming off even though I am doing everything right but I am hanging in there. I know it will start dropping again soon. Fitday has helped a lot, I am really glad I found it. Hope it helps you too!
Old 01-19-2013, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Goals

Here are my Motivational Goals in a Cute Poster Form!!!!Click to see
Old 01-19-2013, 11:43 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds like a plan Giving up or in is not in your vocabulary any more You can do this! Do you have a neighbor or a family member that is willing to work out with you?

I have walked 10 miles this week because at the moment there is no snow here in Michigan where I live but I hear it is coming our way. The High School crossed the street from my house lets people walk inside at night but I have been being lazy at night. I really need to start getting over there on the nights I don't have classes.