Weight loss and the wardrobe. >

Weight loss and the wardrobe.

Community
Notices

Weight loss and the wardrobe.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weight loss and the wardrobe.

I have a question for everyone here. I'm new here and I'm finally starting to see results. My question is..Do you hang on to your former "fat" clothes or get rid of them? I have hung onto several pair of jeans that are BK (before kids) jeans, and I am hoping to get back in them. But what about the clothes im in now? I've heard different opinions on this. Just wondering what you guys thought about it. Thanks!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

I have just lost about 50 lbs and also tossed out a bunch of my clothes. I bought some very inexpensive shirts to replace them knowing full well that these shirts will get tossed in two or three months also.

Actually i should state that anything that is newer i take to the Salvation Army drop off center.

I am still wearing sweat pants but had to buy smaller ones!
Old 02-23-2010, 02:55 PM
FitDay Member

In the past year I have gone from a size 32W to a size 12 (lost 168 pounds). The ONLY thing I kept was ONE pair of jeans that were a 32W when I started my diet. I kept them so I can look at them and see how big I was. Anything else that gets too big is out of here! I will not keep them because I do not want to think that I can gain weight and still have something to wear LOL.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

I have done a major cleanout of my closet and got rid of clothes that were too big, too small, ill-fitting and just plain old. Feels great! Makes a big difference to wear good fitting clothes, and it makes me feel better too. I am holding off on buying any new clothes right now...waiting a month or so...!

Wow 168 lbs! You are such an inspiration! Good to keep one pair of pants as a reminder. Congrats again to you, and everyone who has had such great success. You are all keeping me going...
Old 02-24-2010, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

I haven't thrown out any clothing, due to weight loss or gain yet. I will get rid of worn, out of style, or ugly clothing. My weight difference isn't big enough to justify throwing away clothes, unless I get rid of my skinny clothes, as I don't think I will ever get into those again....I had been very ill and got very thin, and don't have plans to get that thin again. Problem is I didn't stay that thin for very long, and the clothes are like brand new!! I know I could donate them....but I just don't know if I am ready yet.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

I kept one pair of size 50 jeans and one XXXL shirt from my "Before" days but gave the rest to a homeless shelter. It was a LOT of clothes - 9 garbage bags full!

I'm not considering my change in eating a diet, but a lifestyle change. I've promised myself I'd never gain this weight back and I intend to uphold that promise.

Last edited by mfagerstrom; 02-26-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:22 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow

i have yo-yoed before w/ my weight and lose and gain, etc. I always kept my larger clothes, "just in case". Last yr, i threw them all out. I started gaining weight a couple months later and realized everything was getting tight and i didnt have anything bigger. i wasnt going to go out to buy new stuff and was mad that i threw it all out. well, let me tell you, tight pants (embarrassing) was enough motivation to start eating right again and exercising that DAY because i literally had no choice. I say throw it out! donate! whatever! its risky but it worked for me since!