Notices

Putting my/your weight loss into perspective.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default Putting my/your weight loss into perspective.

I've lost 18 pounds so far.Not bad.But I've got a long way to go.
One thing that really made me feel some sense of progress was looking at how much weight I've lost.Not numbers on a scale.The actual weight.

I have a home gym.So there are barbells,and dumbbells,and weight plates.
I put 18 pounds in weight plates on the floor.That's a very clear picture of what I'm NOT carrying around anymore.
Next time you're at the gym pick up a dumbbell,or weight plate and think about the fact you don't have to carry that much weight around anymore.
Maybe you've lost 10,or 20 pounds and feel like you still have a long way to go.
I think feeling that weight will give you an idea of how far you've come.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:30 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by fatcatnap
I've lost 18 pounds so far.Not bad.But I've got a long way to go.
One thing that really made me feel some sense of progress was looking at how much weight I've lost.Not numbers on a scale.The actual weight.

I have a home gym.So there are barbells,and dumbbells,and weight plates.
I put 18 pounds in weight plates on the floor.That's a very clear picture of what I'm NOT carrying around anymore.
Next time you're at the gym pick up a dumbbell,or weight plate and think about the fact you don't have to carry that much weight around anymore.
Maybe you've lost 10,or 20 pounds and feel like you still have a long way to go.
I think feeling that weight will give you an idea of how far you've come.

What a great way to gain some perspective.

Other members have suggested that the next time you are at the grocery store pick-up a 20lb bag of potatoes and walk around for a while. It is amazing how quickly you will get tired, I know I did!
Old 10-30-2012, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

Excellent point! And honestly one I had forgotten about. I am trying to lose the last of my baby fat. I am almost there but it's slow. I will give it some thought the next time I pick up my baby since I have almost lost the same amount that she weighs now.

I also thought about hanging up not the jeans I want to fit into but the ones that I have shrunk out of.